On their 13th anniversary of being together, Billy and Tony exchanged vows in a celestial wedding. The star theme was visible throughout the details of the day. Tony and Billy’s wedding attendants wore blues and teals, and had constellation accessories – blue cuff links and bangle bracelets. These gifts were customized with the astrological constellation of their recipient.
Stars decorated the ceiling of the venue. After their first kiss as newlyweds, confetti cannons were blasted, making Tony and Billy’s exit filled with colorful detail. After the ceremony, guests headed to the reception where they were met with gorgeous, decorated tables that were labeled with their own constellation instead of numbered.
Delicious appetizers were served including tomato soup shooters with grilled cheese sticks. Billy and Tony cut into a night-sky-blue cake with star-like accouterments and a clear star topper. After the cake was cut, Billy and Tony shared a first dance as well as a mother-son dance. Everyone was given a customized wine glass to take home as a thank you.
Photographer: Mak Rabbitt Photography
Floral Designer: Dannette’s Floral Boutique
Wedding rings: Tiffany & Co.
Dress Store: David’s Bridal
Groomsman Attire: Men’s Wearhouse
Officiant: Windi Noble, Run to an Elopement
Reception Venue: The Bluestone
Cake Designer: The Suisse Shop
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
The Wedding Biz Podcast
- Royal and elegant wedding at Crest Hollow Country Club
- Small summer destination wedding in Perth, Western Australia
- United Methodist Church on verge of split over same-sex marriage and LGBTQ+ clergy
- Moody, fun summer backyard wedding in Los Angeles, California
- Intimate sunset beach wedding ceremony in La Jolla, California
- LGBTQ-friendly birthing and doula group forms in D.C.
- Modern wedding inspiration influenced by artist Katsushika Hokusai
- Marriage equality is now available in Northern Ireland
- Colorful, floral tropical beach destination wedding in Makaha, Hawaii
- Your wedding’s over. Here’s what you can focus on next