Wedding cake trend: Terrarium and succulent wedding cakes
Succulents. We’ve seen them grace the wedding scene in everything from boutonnieres and centerpieces, bouquets and more! With greenery being the color of the year, succulent usage is on the rise and are popping up all over cakes. Succulents on cakes? We’re not talking real plants, we’re talking about yummy, edible succulents made of frosting!
Realistic terrariums have been popping up on wedding cakes everywhere, thanks in part to beautiful cake artist Iven Kawi of Iven Oven. Succulents come in a variety of colors and styles, making them the perfect decoration to match any wedding color theme.
Whether succulents are appearing all over your wedding decor or you only want them on your cake, they can add beautiful detail to your wedding reception. Add a bright, vibrant pop of color to your cake with desert succulents in hues of green and red. Want a soft, subtle hint of color? Add pastel plants to your cake decoration.
Succulents are easily adaptable to your desired look and style, whether you want them covering your entire cake, just topping the cake or sporadically throughout the layers.
Succulent designs can be downsized to any type of pastry, making them a great topper for cupcakes. Cupcakes are a common alternative to a large wedding cake and are the perfect dessert portion.
Feeling ambitious? You can DIY your own succulent terrarium cake or cupcakes with this tutorial!
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
The Wedding Biz Podcast
- American Psychological Association says singular ‘they’ now the standard for scholarly writing
- Roxane Gay and Debbie Millman are officially engaged
- Black gothic wedding with skulls, swords and magic
- This mom’s wedding speech will make you cry in the best way
- Community was at the heart of this floral summer wedding
- Romantic engagement photos on the beach in Kauai, Hawaii
- Rustic orange and yellow autumn wedding in Norfolk, Massachusetts
- Home anniversary photos to celebrate one year of marriage
- Wild child Southwest wedding at Rimrock Ranch in Pioneertown, California
- Why you should absolutely do a post-wedding photo shoot