Wedding cake trend: Terrarium and succulent wedding cakes
Succulents. We’ve seen them grace the wedding scene in everything from boutonnieres and centerpieces, bouquets and more! With greenery being the color of the year, succulent usage is on the rise and are popping up all over cakes. Succulents on cakes? We’re not talking real plants, we’re talking about yummy, edible succulents made of frosting!
Realistic terrariums have been popping up on wedding cakes everywhere, thanks in part to beautiful cake artist Iven Kawi of Iven Oven. Succulents come in a variety of colors and styles, making them the perfect decoration to match any wedding color theme.
Whether succulents are appearing all over your wedding decor or you only want them on your cake, they can add beautiful detail to your wedding reception. Add a bright, vibrant pop of color to your cake with desert succulents in hues of green and red. Want a soft, subtle hint of color? Add pastel plants to your cake decoration.
Succulents are easily adaptable to your desired look and style, whether you want them covering your entire cake, just topping the cake or sporadically throughout the layers.
Succulent designs can be downsized to any type of pastry, making them a great topper for cupcakes. Cupcakes are a common alternative to a large wedding cake and are the perfect dessert portion.
Feeling ambitious? You can DIY your own succulent terrarium cake or cupcakes with this tutorial!
HOT OFF THE PRESS
- Stunning adventure elopement at Oregon’s Mt. Hood
- Youtuber Cammie Scott proposes to girlfriend in epic ode to 10 Things I Hate About You
- 5 of our favorite LGBTQ celebrity engagements of 2021
- Romantic Zoom wedding eight years in the making
- Seaside South Carolina proposal on horseback
- Joyful intimate wedding outside Chicago with geometric arch and outfit change
- 5 epic LGBTQ+ wedding photos we are just so thankful exist
- Romantic Malibu engagement session by the beach
- Outdoor New Jersey wedding filled with love and sunflowers
- Bright and cheery sixties-inspired wedding ideas
- Breathtaking Sedona elopement surrounded by close friends and family
- Inclusivity in the wedding industry: faux allies, transphobia and performative actions
- Stunning and joyful elopement at Colorado’s Garden of the Gods
- “Same Love” singer Mary Lambert is engaged
- Autumn engagement session at the base of Nevada’s Mt. Charleston
- WNBA legend Renee Montgomery reveals she and music artist Sirena Grace got married
- Two stars of Amazon’s lesbian reality show, Tampa Baes, are engaged
- Rustic and modern October wedding in a Mississippi barn
- Intimate and enchanting wedding at a Pittsburgh flower garden
- Epic surprise proposal during a styled shoot on the shores of Mallorca