Jason and Gavin exchanged vows on the beach in front of the ocean waves. The couple wore matching blue suits and tied the knot under a wooden awning decorated with white floral arrangements. The six wedding attendants wore white, either a white maxi dress or a white button-up short-sleeve shirt with suspenders, dress pants and a bowtie all to match the shade of blue in the couple’s suits.
Finger food appetizers including french fries and bruscetta were served and guests enjoyed a delicious pasta or roasted vegetable dish. A three-layer off-white cake with a white floral arrangement decorated the top of the cake. Guests drank champagne and danced the night away.
From the photographer, Ethan Watts: Gavin and Jason met on a cruise ship that Gavin was working on. Gavin is not a US citizen, so after a long process Gavin was able to get his visa and given permission to marry in the US. The couple married on June 22, 2015, but was not able to celebrate with their families until May 5, 2016. Many of Gavin’s friends and family traveled from England for the celebration as well as many of Jason’s family members from around the US. Jason is one of 11 boys in his family. During the ceremony guests were lucky enough to capture some rare sightings of whales, dolphins, and a seal.
Reception Venue: Malibu Beach Club
HOT OFF THE PRESS
- From OkCupid to a sunrise mountain wedding
- A destination wedding in Mexico with cold fireworks and an LED neon drum show
- Lawryn and Deja’s Richmond, Virginia, wedding at The Renaissance
- Wondery and Danvas founder Hernan Lopez marries music supervisor Scott Velasquez in West Hollywood wedding
- Classic black and white wedding ideas
- Say Yes to the Dress celebrity Randy Fenoli is engaged
- Tara and Emma’s purple and ivory wedding at Berkeley City Club in Berkeley, California
- The 19th Explains: Why the Respect for Marriage Act doesn’t codify same-sex marriage rights