Jason and Gavin exchanged vows on the beach in front of the ocean waves. The couple wore matching blue suits and tied the knot under a wooden awning decorated with white floral arrangements. The six wedding attendants wore white, either a white maxi dress or a white button-up short-sleeve shirt with suspenders, dress pants and a bowtie all to match the shade of blue in the couple’s suits.
Finger food appetizers including french fries and bruscetta were served and guests enjoyed a delicious pasta or roasted vegetable dish. A three-layer off-white cake with a white floral arrangement decorated the top of the cake. Guests drank champagne and danced the night away.
From the photographer, Ethan Watts: Gavin and Jason met on a cruise ship that Gavin was working on. Gavin is not a US citizen, so after a long process Gavin was able to get his visa and given permission to marry in the US. The couple married on June 22, 2015, but was not able to celebrate with their families until May 5, 2016. Many of Gavin’s friends and family traveled from England for the celebration as well as many of Jason’s family members from around the US. Jason is one of 11 boys in his family. During the ceremony guests were lucky enough to capture some rare sightings of whales, dolphins, and a seal.
Reception Venue: Malibu Beach Club
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
- LGBTQ+ family planning: be the parents you’ve always dreamed of with the help of Cryos
- These Disney LGBTQ+ weddings are pure magic
- Here’s how we decided to get married in Provincetown, Massachusetts
- Colorful, whimsical spring backyard wedding in Austin, Texas
- Rustic, moody farm wedding inspiration in Purcellville, Virginia
- Beach honeymoon photos in Bora Bora
- Why we chose an anonymous sperm donor to start a family
- Northern Ireland politician reverses stance on same-sex marriage after daughter marries woman
- 8 literary favors for your bookish or library themed wedding
- Colorful whimsical vintage wedding inspiration in Chattanooga, Tennessee