Jason and Gavin exchanged vows on the beach in front of the ocean waves. The couple wore matching blue suits and tied the knot under a wooden awning decorated with white floral arrangements. The six wedding attendants wore white, either a white maxi dress or a white button-up short-sleeve shirt with suspenders, dress pants and a bowtie all to match the shade of blue in the couple’s suits.
Finger food appetizers including french fries and bruscetta were served and guests enjoyed a delicious pasta or roasted vegetable dish. A three-layer off-white cake with a white floral arrangement decorated the top of the cake. Guests drank champagne and danced the night away.
From the photographer, Ethan Watts: Gavin and Jason met on a cruise ship that Gavin was working on. Gavin is not a US citizen, so after a long process Gavin was able to get his visa and given permission to marry in the US. The couple married on June 22, 2015, but was not able to celebrate with their families until May 5, 2016. Many of Gavin’s friends and family traveled from England for the celebration as well as many of Jason’s family members from around the US. Jason is one of 11 boys in his family. During the ceremony guests were lucky enough to capture some rare sightings of whales, dolphins, and a seal.
Reception Venue: Malibu Beach Club
The Wedding Biz Podcast
- Mashaun + Elvis: Georgia wedding with amethyst and aquamarine birthstone colors
- We said yes! Now what? LGBTQ+ engagement advice
- Christian + Clifton: An intimate hometown Ohio wedding
- Celebrity LGBTQ+ wedding alert! Niecy Nash marries Jessica Betts
- Angelina + Krista: Glamorous luxury lesbian wedding at the renowned Versace mansion in Miami Beach, Florida
- You’re invited to the biggest, queerest wedding of the year
- Tavion + Andrew: A Greenville, South Carolina, summer LGBTQ+ wedding with rose petal exit
- An incredible educational offer for wedding and event pros
- Burgundy and gold LGBTQ+ wedding inspiration
- Carolina + Eli: family photo session cover for surprise marriage proposal