Charleston, South Carolina tribute wedding
Celeste and Kaytlyn’s wedding featured lots of navy and gold details, and paid homage to Charleston, South Carolina. The ceremony took place outdoors, and guests watched on from their white, folding chairs. Kaytlyn and Celeste each walked down the aisle with their own father, each holding a white bouquet.
“Kaytlyn and I strived to have a timeless wedding, featuring contemporary themes and then mixing them with classic Lowcountry dishes to create the perfect southern experience,” Celeste said.
The square reception tables sat eight people and were decorated with navy tables cloths, gold chargers, navy blue napkins and gold vases that held an assortment of flowers. Guests received navy can koozies with the couple’s last name, monogram and wedding date written on them in gold. The color scheme did not stop there. For dessert, Kaytlyn and Celeste cut into a three-tiered gold, navy and white cake, with their names written in cold as the cake topper.
“We tried to make as many subtle tributes to Charleston within the wedding’s details,” shared Celeste. “For example, we included a quote from ‘Gone with the Wind’ on our wedding favors, and served classic Charleston dishes like She Crab Soup ‘Shooters’.”
Photographer: Marie Rodriguez Photography
Wedding venue: Harborside East
Florist: Justin Wham Weddings and Events
Planner: Pinnacle Events, Kayla Ashbrook
DJ: Austin Haney (Pinnacle Events)
Wedding dresses: David’s Bridal
Catering: B Gourmet Catering
Cake: Declare Cakes
The Wedding Biz Podcast
- Lynnea + Francecil: rose gold, champagne and burgundy California wedding
- Colorful tropical wedding styled shoot inspiration
- Register for a dream virtual wedding giveaway from Equally Wed, Signature Bride and WebWed Mobile
- All Black Lives Matter: the intersectionality of the Black wedding industry and the LGBTQ+ community
- Dignity and respect for all: marriage equality celebrates five years as a federal right
- Adrianna + Bri: an urban Detroit love shoot
- Celebrity wedding news! Raven-Symoné + Miranda Pearman-Maday are married
- Wedding suit inspiration from 6 top queer influencers for your big day
- Nicole + Andrea: New York multicultural wedding with Caribbean roots (their first look photos are the sweetest!)
- New Orleans industrial wedding inspiration shoot