Charleston, South Carolina tribute wedding
Celeste and Kaytlyn’s wedding featured lots of navy and gold details, and paid homage to Charleston, South Carolina. The ceremony took place outdoors, and guests watched on from their white, folding chairs. Kaytlyn and Celeste each walked down the aisle with their own father, each holding a white bouquet.
“Kaytlyn and I strived to have a timeless wedding, featuring contemporary themes and then mixing them with classic Lowcountry dishes to create the perfect southern experience,” Celeste said.
The square reception tables sat eight people and were decorated with navy tables cloths, gold chargers, navy blue napkins and gold vases that held an assortment of flowers. Guests received navy can koozies with the couple’s last name, monogram and wedding date written on them in gold. The color scheme did not stop there. For dessert, Kaytlyn and Celeste cut into a three-tiered gold, navy and white cake, with their names written in cold as the cake topper.
“We tried to make as many subtle tributes to Charleston within the wedding’s details,” shared Celeste. “For example, we included a quote from ‘Gone with the Wind’ on our wedding favors, and served classic Charleston dishes like She Crab Soup ‘Shooters’.”
Photographer: Marie Rodriguez Photography
Wedding venue: Harborside East
Florist: Justin Wham Weddings and Events
Planner: Pinnacle Events, Kayla Ashbrook
DJ: Austin Haney (Pinnacle Events)
Wedding dresses: David’s Bridal
Catering: B Gourmet Catering
Cake: Declare Cakes
HOT OFF THE PRESS
- Jamie and Ashley’s florescent and fun May wedding at Greenhouse Lofts in Chicago
- Simple and elegant winter wedding for two brides in Santa Ana, California
- Low-key Louisville, Kentucky, wedding celebrates chosen family, queer joy and spirituality
- A weed wedding with earthy, elegant details
- Romantic Santorini sunset proposal
- Outdoor summer wedding in Acadia National Park
- New Mexico Badlands multicultural boho lesbian elopement
- Get inspired by the romantic vibes at this Minneapolis candlelit wedding
- Quirky and sweet Colorado couple’s scene-matching city photo shoot
- A new bill aims to protect same-sex marriage. What would it do if Obergefell falls?
- Sentimental Elements Shine For These Two Brides’ Virginia Beach Wedding Featuring Bourbon, Rainbows and a Plethora of Family Support
- Colorful New York Rainbow Wedding Featuring A Drag Queen, Handmade Arch and Boho Decor