Colorful flowers brighten this dark, moody elopement inspiration
“We wanted to go out of the box with this submission, and dare we say, get a little badass with this styled shoot.
Inspired by the epic black wedding gown, we decided to take that gorgeous piece and elevate the whole thing.
The photographer, Emily, and her sister (one of the models, Rachel), lost their mom last year. They used a piece from that their mom stole from a ranch when she lived in Texas in the centerpiece to give the shoot that final, amazing personal detail.” —from Misty Saves the Day
“When my sister and I were planning this shoot, the main concept that kept coming up was “badass” over and over. When going over the concept for our sweetheart table centerpiece, this skull came to mind and we knew we had to incorporate it.
Our mom briefly lived in Texas, that of which we knew. Rachel and I grew up with this skull around the house our whole lives and never thought much of it. On one of the last visits we had with mom, she told us the story about how she spotted this skull on a ranch she drove by in Texas. Being as spunky and driven as she was growing up, we could only imagine the woman she was then. She explained how she spotted it, wanted it and ran onto the property to steal it off that ranch! Woah. Not something I would do, but times are different, right?
She valued that adventure enough that this piece became such a natural part of our childhood that we didn’t think twice about it. But after hearing mom tell that story, it sounded so badass, that it became the perfect piece to ground the sweetheart table!” —from the photographer, Mager Image Photography
Photographer: Mager Image Photography
Event Venue: Bluestem Hall
Calligrapher: Apricity Ink
Floral Designer: A. Hunt Design
Makeup Artist: Stephanie Wild
Beauty: Kylee V Artistry
Design and Decor: Pier 1 Imports
Equipment Rentals: Herriott’s
Ring Designer: Champaign Jewelers
Shoes: Badgley Mischka
Dress Designer: Maggie Sottero
Dress Store: Michelle’s Bridal and Tuxedo
PR Rep: Misty Saves the Day
Alaina Leary Lavoie
The Wedding Biz Podcast
- Carolina + Eli: family photo session cover for surprise marriage proposal
- Heather + Tiffany: Sunday morning brunch love shoot
- Lynnea + Francecil: rose gold, champagne and burgundy California wedding
- Colorful tropical wedding styled shoot inspiration
- Register for a dream virtual wedding giveaway from Equally Wed, Signature Bride and WebWed Mobile
- All Black Lives Matter: the intersectionality of the Black wedding industry and the LGBTQ+ community
- Dignity and respect for all: marriage equality celebrates five years as a federal right
- Adrianna + Bri: an urban Detroit love shoot
- Celebrity wedding news! Raven-Symoné + Miranda Pearman-Maday are married
- Wedding suit inspiration from 6 top queer influencers for your big day