Colorful flowers brighten this dark, moody elopement inspiration
“We wanted to go out of the box with this submission, and dare we say, get a little badass with this styled shoot.
Inspired by the epic black wedding gown, we decided to take that gorgeous piece and elevate the whole thing.
The photographer, Emily, and her sister (one of the models, Rachel), lost their mom last year. They used a piece from that their mom stole from a ranch when she lived in Texas in the centerpiece to give the shoot that final, amazing personal detail.” —from Misty Saves the Day
“When my sister and I were planning this shoot, the main concept that kept coming up was “badass” over and over. When going over the concept for our sweetheart table centerpiece, this skull came to mind and we knew we had to incorporate it.
Our mom briefly lived in Texas, that of which we knew. Rachel and I grew up with this skull around the house our whole lives and never thought much of it. On one of the last visits we had with mom, she told us the story about how she spotted this skull on a ranch she drove by in Texas. Being as spunky and driven as she was growing up, we could only imagine the woman she was then. She explained how she spotted it, wanted it and ran onto the property to steal it off that ranch! Woah. Not something I would do, but times are different, right?
She valued that adventure enough that this piece became such a natural part of our childhood that we didn’t think twice about it. But after hearing mom tell that story, it sounded so badass, that it became the perfect piece to ground the sweetheart table!” —from the photographer, Mager Image Photography
Photographer: Mager Image Photography
Event Venue: Bluestem Hall
Calligrapher: Apricity Ink
Floral Designer: A. Hunt Design
Makeup Artist: Stephanie Wild
Beauty: Kylee V Artistry
Design and Decor: Pier 1 Imports
Equipment Rentals: Herriott’s
Ring Designer: Champaign Jewelers
Shoes: Badgley Mischka
Dress Designer: Maggie Sottero
Dress Store: Michelle’s Bridal and Tuxedo
PR Rep: Misty Saves the Day
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
The Wedding Biz Podcast
- Monochromatic countryside double wedding inspiration
- Lesbian couple denied by California winery wedding venue receives apology after performer Nikki Levy intervenes
- 12 creative and unique alternative wedding cakes for your celebration
- 22 couples with tattoos who prove ink is the best wedding look
- Lesbian pioneers in fight for marriage equality now in bitter divorce battle challenging definition of marriage
- Double engagement inspiration in the Arizona Cactus Garden
- 9 themed weddings you’ll love, from Beauty and the Beast to astronomy
- Gay dads around globe get less parental leave than lesbian parents and straight couples
- How we chose our wedding party and asked them to share the day with us
- This romantic fall wedding has some seriously gorgeous foliage