Couple pregnant at the same time due just three weeks apart
Two babies, each one born to a different partner, both using the same sperm donor. Are they twins if they don’t come from the same womb? Are they siblings if they are born so close together? What do people call two children born to a couple under such a special circumstance? Twinblings.
Celebrity makeup artist Toby Fleischman and her partner, speech pathologist Lindsay Lanciault are each expecting a bundle of joy this summer, due just three weeks apart. The couple announced the news on Fleishcman’s Instagram to her 12,500 followers and were met with love and support. The two have been married almost three years, and are welcoming their first human babies, who will share a furbaby sister.
We're excited to share some news…Lindsay and I are both pregnant! Yes, you read that correctly. We are both having a baby….at the same time. Well, three weeks apart to be exact. Everyone always says they want to get pregnant with their best friend and I just happened to be lucky enough to be married to mine. Our "twin" boys will be joining us this summer and we couldn't be more elated!
A post shared by Toby Fleischman (@tobyfleischman) on
Both babies share a sperm donor. Fleischman is due first, currently five months along, and Lanciault will follow along shortly, currently four months along. Fleischman, who is 41, tried to get pregnant first since she was older. She tried for over a year, during which time she suffered a miscarriage. After much discussion, Lanciault then also tried to get pregnant. As luck would have it, both found out they were pregnant in late 2016, and it has had its ups and downs.
“If she’s [Lanciault] feeling something that I’ve gone through, I can validate it and say that that’s normal,” Fleischman told Popsugar.
“But there are a lot of hormones in the house and we go through waves in one day of being obsessed and in love with each other and so euphoric, to ‘I don’t want to be next to you. Please don’t talk to me.’”
The Wedding Biz Podcast
- Brian + Brett: Hudson Valley garden wedding with shades of purple
- 5 reasons to hire a gay photographer for your LGBTQ+ wedding
- PFLAG + OREO debut Proud Parent film and rainbow cookies
- Supreme Court justices set stage to end marriage equality
- Love Conquers All wedding giveaway theme revealed: Black is Queen
- Mashaun + Elvis: Georgia wedding with amethyst and aquamarine birthstone colors
- We said yes! Now what? LGBTQ+ engagement advice
- Christian + Clifton: An intimate hometown Ohio wedding
- Celebrity LGBTQ+ wedding alert! Niecy Nash marries Jessica Betts
- Angelina + Krista: Glamorous luxury lesbian wedding at the renowned Versace mansion in Miami Beach, Florida