By Brittny Drye
This summer saw an array of bold lip colors, from ruby reds to corals, tangerines to girlish pinks, and I foresee this statement-making trend translating into fall, with, of course, some minor alterations in fall-friendly shades.
Admittedly, it takes a bold bride to pull off this bold look, and your wedding day isn’t ideal for experimentation, but for those of you who like to make a statement, read on for tips and picks.
|Prep Your Pout: Bold lips exaggerate flakes, so exfoliate before to ensure a smooth and seamless application.|
|Complement Your Skin: Not all colors are going to look great on everyone so go bold with a color that suits your skin tone. A general rule of thumb is blue-based shades, like classic red, pair well with fair skin, while orange-based shades, such as browns and burgundys, go with warmer skin tones. Try out different shades to see what works with you.|
|Color Inside the Lines: Keep dark shades in place with a lip liner or stain that matches your lipstick.|
Urban Decay Lip Envy Lip Stain in Greedy: This berry-hued water-rich stain dries to a semi-matte finish for those who want to steer away from the glossy look. Available at Sephora for $17.
COVERGIRL BlastFlipstick in Flashy: The double-ended stick lets you create a customized look, giving brides control over how creamy or shimmery they want their lips to be. Available at for $7.99.
IT Cosmetics Vitality Lip Flush in Pretty Woman: This multitasking shade in a pretty plum hue keeps lips hydrated while providing long-lasting color. Available at itcosmetics.com for $20.
Bare Escentuals Buxom Lip Tarnish in Blackmail: This lip pencil is the trifecta of lip color–not only is it long-lasting, but it also plumps and moisturizes your pout. Available at Sephora for $18.
Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics Lip Tar in Belladonna: A little goes a long way with this richly pigmented violet shade for a high-impact pout. Available at occmakeup.com for $14.50.
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
The Wedding Biz Podcast
- Marriage equality passes in Northern Ireland
- Hong Kong rules against marriage equality
- Let’s get one thing straight: Bisexuals can still marry someone of a different gender
- Reports: Supreme Court appeared divided over protections for LGBTQ employees
- Black tie wedding at the Blanton Museum in Austin, Texas
- With Brie Larson’s help, a man proposed to his boyfriend at Comic Con
- This romantic sunset proposal at OUE Skyspace has a beautiful backstory
- Vintage travel-inspired fall wedding in Iowa City, Iowa
- Teal and orange fall wedding inspiration in Lake Mary, Florida
- This scavenger hunt at Gas Works Park ends with a proposal