Demi Lovato Joins HRC to Fight for Marriage Equality [VIDEO]
We love it when celebs speak out for marriage equality!
We love it when celebs speak out for marriage equality! Thanks, Demi Lovato, for making this video with the HRC for supporting the right for gays and lesbians to legally wed. And you can tell she’s serious about her mission to truly help with the fight for our community, since she’s adding the video and her messages of commitment on her social media channels.
“I believe that love comes in all different shapes, sizes and colors, so whether you’re LGBT or straight, your love is valid, beautiful and an incredible gift,” Lovato says in a new video (above) released on Wednesday. ”Let’s protect love and strengthen the institution of marriage by allowing loving, caring and committed same-sex couples to legally marry.”
Her message is the first HRC released as part of its “Americans for Marriage Equality” series, a re-launch of a public engagement campaign featuring prominent Americans who support committed gay and lesbian couples getting married. Currently, same-sex couples can legally marry in nineteen states and the District of Columbia, while 31 states have a law or constitutional amendment restricting marriage to the union of one man and one woman.
HOT OFF THE PRESS
- Senate advances Respect for Marriage Act to protect recognition of marriage equality
- 10 ways to use burnt orange in your wedding
- Tam and Yiyun’s intimate summer wedding at Folktale Winery and Vineyards in Carmel Valley, California
- Stefany and Britt’s queer, nonbinary wedding at the Lace House in Columbia, South Carolina
- Priscilla and Jamesa’s fall wedding in Nashville, Tennessee, featured harvest hues of gold, burnt orange, terracotta rust and dusty rose
- Lindsey and Molly’s Christian wedding in New Bern, North Carolina, showcased their two dogs and had a dried flower confetti send-off
- Alyssa and Holly’s Colorado adventure session in Rocky Mountain National Park
- LGBTQ+ Inclusive and Affirming Wedding Venue Spotlight: Filoli
- Halle and Kayden’s Mount Rainier National Park Destination Wedding
- Where to propose at Universal Studios Florida and Universal’s Islands of Adventure
- How to plan a fall wedding on a budget
- 5 mocktail recipes for your sober wedding guests