Dove includes transgender mother in latest ad campaign
Dove’s latest ad campaign, which has garnered over 38,000 views in just under a week, features mothers of all walks of life sharing their views on what it means to be a mom. Of the variety of mothers that talk to the camera about this role as a mother, Dove includes transgender mother, Shea, in the video. Shea, a grad student, explains that she is both her baby’s mother as well as her biological parent along with another woman, and how this can be confusing to people.
“We are both his biological parents,” Shea tells the camera while sitting on the floor with her partner. “You get people that are like, ‘What do you mean, you’re the mom?’ And we’re like, ‘Yep, we’re both gonna be moms.'”
“Meet #RealMoms whose diverse parenting styles shatter stereotypes about motherhood and prove that there are no rules about how to be a parent today,” the YouTube video description states. “From Cassidy, who is raising her son on a cattle ranch, to Elise, who brings her daughter to breakdance battles – we’re so inspired by moms around the country who trust their way.”
“There’s no one right way to do it all,” Shea reminds mothers everywhere as she changes her child’s diaper.
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
The Wedding Biz Podcast
- Sunset, books and basketball maternity photos
- Glamorous vintage wedding at The Tides Estate in New Jersey
- Floral bohemian elopement inspiration at Joshua Tree
- Epic spring Garden of the Gods elopement with dog attendants
- Royal and elegant wedding at Crest Hollow Country Club
- Small summer destination wedding in Perth, Western Australia
- United Methodist Church on verge of split over same-sex marriage and LGBTQ+ clergy
- Moody, fun summer backyard wedding in Los Angeles, California
- Intimate sunset beach wedding ceremony in La Jolla, California
- LGBTQ-friendly birthing and doula group forms in D.C.