Dove includes transgender mother in latest ad campaign
Dove’s latest ad campaign, which has garnered over 38,000 views in just under a week, features mothers of all walks of life sharing their views on what it means to be a mom. Of the variety of mothers that talk to the camera about this role as a mother, Dove includes transgender mother, Shea, in the video. Shea, a grad student, explains that she is both her baby’s mother as well as her biological parent along with another woman, and how this can be confusing to people.
“We are both his biological parents,” Shea tells the camera while sitting on the floor with her partner. “You get people that are like, ‘What do you mean, you’re the mom?’ And we’re like, ‘Yep, we’re both gonna be moms.'”
“Meet #RealMoms whose diverse parenting styles shatter stereotypes about motherhood and prove that there are no rules about how to be a parent today,” the YouTube video description states. “From Cassidy, who is raising her son on a cattle ranch, to Elise, who brings her daughter to breakdance battles – we’re so inspired by moms around the country who trust their way.”
“There’s no one right way to do it all,” Shea reminds mothers everywhere as she changes her child’s diaper.
The Wedding Biz Podcast
- Mashaun + Elvis: Georgia wedding with amethyst and aquamarine birthstone colors
- We said yes! Now what? LGBTQ+ engagement advice
- Christian + Clifton: An intimate hometown Ohio wedding
- Celebrity LGBTQ+ wedding alert! Niecy Nash marries Jessica Betts
- Angelina + Krista: Glamorous luxury lesbian wedding at the renowned Versace mansion in Miami Beach, Florida
- You’re invited to the biggest, queerest wedding of the year
- Tavion + Andrew: A Greenville, South Carolina, summer LGBTQ+ wedding with rose petal exit
- An incredible educational offer for wedding and event pros
- Burgundy and gold LGBTQ+ wedding inspiration
- Carolina + Eli: family photo session cover for surprise marriage proposal