Dove includes transgender mother in latest ad campaign
Dove’s latest ad campaign, which has garnered over 38,000 views in just under a week, features mothers of all walks of life sharing their views on what it means to be a mom. Of the variety of mothers that talk to the camera about this role as a mother, Dove includes transgender mother, Shea, in the video. Shea, a grad student, explains that she is both her baby’s mother as well as her biological parent along with another woman, and how this can be confusing to people.
“We are both his biological parents,” Shea tells the camera while sitting on the floor with her partner. “You get people that are like, ‘What do you mean, you’re the mom?’ And we’re like, ‘Yep, we’re both gonna be moms.'”
“Meet #RealMoms whose diverse parenting styles shatter stereotypes about motherhood and prove that there are no rules about how to be a parent today,” the YouTube video description states. “From Cassidy, who is raising her son on a cattle ranch, to Elise, who brings her daughter to breakdance battles – we’re so inspired by moms around the country who trust their way.”
“There’s no one right way to do it all,” Shea reminds mothers everywhere as she changes her child’s diaper.
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
- Blue and yellow spring wedding at the Lake Country Club
- Fun waterfront engagement photos on the coast of Lake Superior
- The US is denying citizenship to kids of same-sex couples born abroad
- Modern lush greenery wedding in Jacksonville, Florida
- Celebrity wedding planner Colin Cowie’s extravagant South African safari proposal to Danny Peuscovich
- Glitzy pink Glinda the Good Witch wedding inspiration
- 10 wedding traditions to ditch on your big day (and some to keep, too)
- Why Mr. Ratburn’s gay wedding in Arthur is so important for LGBTQ+ kids
- Elegant, woodsy mountain wedding in Boulder, Colorado
- This book celebrates the life stories of butch and masculine queer heroes