All Black Lives Matter: the intersectionality of the Black wedding industry and the LGBTQ+ community
The same way the Black wedding industry was excluded from the wedding industry is very similar to the way the LGBTQ+ community is excluded from the Black wedding industry.
Everything you need to know about planning your LGBTQ+ honeymoon
There’s a world out there of honeymoon opportunities, including beach vacations, craft beer and vineyard tours, cruises and cross-country road trips.
Intimate fall backyard wedding in Berkeley, California
Marissa and Nico had an intimate backyard wedding in late October at their friend’s home in Berekely, California, and incorporated Jewish traditions.
22 couples with tattoos who prove ink is the best wedding look
In love with wedding ink? Tattoos at weddings are increasingly becoming popular, whether it’s a full sleeve or one single visible tattoo. Do you or your partner have any tattoos? If you’ve been dying to get inked before the wedding, here are 22 couples that may just inspire you to book an appointment!
The Supreme Court has allowed Trump’s transgender military ban
The Supreme Court revived the Trump administration’s ban that bars most transgender people from serving in the military.
I never came out to my grandmother, and then her funeral came
I often wondered what she would have done if she’d known I am trans. I frequently think about how much more time I might have had with her if being transgender was more normalized.
The Trump administration wants to erase the definition of transgender
The Trump administration is considering changing the federal definition of gender as a biological, immutable condition determined by genitalia at birth. Here’s what we can all do to show our support to transgender, nonbinary, and intersex people.
Friends pay for transgender man’s funeral and more LGBTQ+ family news this week
Family isn’t defined by those you share DNA with. Family is made by the ones who are there for you through the difficult times, such as in the case of Daine Grey whose friends paid for the transgender man’s funeral when their parents wouldn’t.
Best states to start an LGBTQ+ family and more news this week
This week in family news: the best states to start an LGBTQ+ family, Delaware may start outing transgender students to their parents, New Jersey signs supportive transgender bills into law and more.
President Trump bans use of the word “transgender”
President Trump bans use of the word “transgender” by the Center for Disease Control along with six other words including “fetus” and “science-based.”
The Wedding Biz Podcast
- Colorful tropical wedding styled shoot inspiration
- Register for a dream virtual wedding giveaway from Equally Wed, Signature Bride and WebWed Mobile
- All Black Lives Matter: the intersectionality of the Black wedding industry and the LGBTQ+ community
- Dignity and respect for all: marriage equality celebrates five years as a federal right
- Adrianna + Bri: an urban Detroit love shoot
- Celebrity wedding news! Raven-Symoné + Miranda Pearman-Maday are married
- Wedding suit inspiration from 6 top queer influencers for your big day
- Nicole + Andrea: New York multicultural wedding with Caribbean roots (their first look photos are the sweetest!)
- New Orleans industrial wedding inspiration shoot
- Danika + Cassidy: a Chicago engagement photoshoot with salsa dancing