Jamie Lee Curtis will officiate her transgender daughter’s wedding
Iconic actress Jamie Lee Curtis has long positioned herself as a staunch LGBTQ+ ally.
In a recent interview with AARP, she opened up about her LGBTQ+ allyship hitting closer to home, revealing, with permission, that her 25-year-old daughter Ruby is transgender–and that Curtis will be officiating her upcoming wedding. Curtis also added that she hopes there are grandchildren in her future.
Curtis has repeatedly spoken out for LGBTQ+ rights. She is currently directing and starring in a movie about Sara Cunningham, the founder of nonprofit organization Free Mom Hugs, which provides support to LGBTQ+ youth facing family rejection. Cunningham went viral in 2018 for offering to be a replacement mom at LGBTQ+ weddings.
In 2019, Curtis also joined the Human Rights Campaign “Americans for the Equality Act Campaign.”
“You don’t have to have your own experience in order to feel compassion and the need for justice and equality” Curtis told Pride Source in 2019. “In the LGBTQ world, certainly I have friends and family, but I don’t have to have the direct experience in order to feel the compassion that I truly feel for acceptance and equality in all areas.”
Congratulations to Ruby on her upcoming wedding!
View this post on Instagram
HOT OFF THE PRESS
- Intimate forest wedding brings South Asian interfaith traditions to Ontario
- Documentary-style candids highlight moments of everyday love for this newly engaged couple
- From OkCupid to a sunrise mountain wedding
- A destination wedding in Mexico with cold fireworks and an LED neon drum show
- Lawryn and Deja’s Richmond, Virginia, wedding at The Renaissance
- Wondery and Danvas founder Hernan Lopez marries music supervisor Scott Velasquez in West Hollywood wedding
- Classic black and white wedding ideas
- Say Yes to the Dress celebrity Randy Fenoli is engaged