Jamie Lee Curtis will officiate her transgender daughter’s wedding
Iconic actress Jamie Lee Curtis has long positioned herself as a staunch LGBTQ+ ally.
In a recent interview with AARP, she opened up about her LGBTQ+ allyship hitting closer to home, revealing, with permission, that her 25-year-old daughter Ruby is transgender–and that Curtis will be officiating her upcoming wedding. Curtis also added that she hopes there are grandchildren in her future.
Curtis has repeatedly spoken out for LGBTQ+ rights. She is currently directing and starring in a movie about Sara Cunningham, the founder of nonprofit organization Free Mom Hugs, which provides support to LGBTQ+ youth facing family rejection. Cunningham went viral in 2018 for offering to be a replacement mom at LGBTQ+ weddings.
In 2019, Curtis also joined the Human Rights Campaign “Americans for the Equality Act Campaign.”
“You don’t have to have your own experience in order to feel compassion and the need for justice and equality” Curtis told Pride Source in 2019. “In the LGBTQ world, certainly I have friends and family, but I don’t have to have the direct experience in order to feel the compassion that I truly feel for acceptance and equality in all areas.”
Congratulations to Ruby on her upcoming wedding!
View this post on Instagram
HOT OFF THE PRESS
- Inclusive Wedding Fair debuts in Fayetteville, Tennessee
- Sunny outdoor Canadian wedding with haystack photos and geometric arch
- Cottagecore wedding ideas with poetry, tarot cards, and pagan altar
- Sunny Sedona elopement with picnic and guitar
- 5 wedding headpiece trends you’ll see in 2022
- Grand Las Vegas proposal with candles, rose petals, and light boxes
- Drag queen wedding inspiration with flowing floral gown and cotton candy wall
- Israel legalizes surrogacy for LGBTQ+ couples
- LGBTQ+ wedding titles: bride, groom, marrier and more!
- Fairytale outdoor wedding in New Jersey with whimsical decor and endless greenery
- Black and gold Hollywood wedding at The Ebell of Los Angeles
- Basketball-themed golden hour engagement session in Calgary
- Winter elopement inspiration on a frozen Canadian lake
- Tropical themed wedding with splashes of disco and Hollywood glamour
- Why LGBTQ+ couples should rent from Generation Tux
- Two grooms try Generation Tux for winter wedding inspiration in Atlanta
- Springtime English barn wedding at a vineyard on a hill
- Weekend-long summer camp wedding with alpacas, food trucks, and water activities
- Wedding photographer seeking right to turn away LGBTQ+ couples loses lawsuit
- Breathtaking Santorini proposal with rose petals and a heart made of candles