When Lauren and Mariah first inquired about wedding photography with me, this was their email to me after I responded to the initial inquiry: “I do feel like I should mention this now though.. this is a lesbian wedding (you probably noticed this when I listed the groom’s name as Mariah). We hope this is not a problem, but if it is we would rather know now than later. If you are not interested, we understand. Frankly, we wouldn’t want anyone there that didn’t want to be there anyways. But if you are interested, we’d love to meet with you!” They had been rejected by other wedding professionals and felt the need to preface their correspondence with that information. I was heartbroken for them. And absolutely ecstatic that they found me.
We shot their engagement session along the Scioto Mile in Downtown Columbus. They love the skyline and that area of town. But the trees weren’t budding there so we took the second half of the session to Schiller Park in the German Village area of Columbus and it was perfect.
From the photographer, Stephanie West
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
The Wedding Biz Podcast
- Hong Kong rules against marriage equality
- Let’s get one thing straight: Bisexuals can still marry someone of a different gender
- Reports: Supreme Court appeared divided over protections for LGBTQ employees
- Black tie wedding at the Blanton Museum in Austin, Texas
- With Brie Larson’s help, a man proposed to his boyfriend at Comic Con
- This romantic sunset proposal at OUE Skyspace has a beautiful backstory
- Vintage travel-inspired fall wedding in Iowa City, Iowa
- Teal and orange fall wedding inspiration in Lake Mary, Florida
- This scavenger hunt at Gas Works Park ends with a proposal
- Moody fall photos turned surprise proposal in San Antonio, Texas