When Lauren and Mariah first inquired about wedding photography with me, this was their email to me after I responded to the initial inquiry: “I do feel like I should mention this now though.. this is a lesbian wedding (you probably noticed this when I listed the groom’s name as Mariah). We hope this is not a problem, but if it is we would rather know now than later. If you are not interested, we understand. Frankly, we wouldn’t want anyone there that didn’t want to be there anyways. But if you are interested, we’d love to meet with you!” They had been rejected by other wedding professionals and felt the need to preface their correspondence with that information. I was heartbroken for them. And absolutely ecstatic that they found me.
We shot their engagement session along the Scioto Mile in Downtown Columbus. They love the skyline and that area of town. But the trees weren’t budding there so we took the second half of the session to Schiller Park in the German Village area of Columbus and it was perfect.
From the photographer, Stephanie West
HOT OFF THE PRESS
- Pantone announces its 2023 color of the year
- Emily, Willie and Sarah’s DIY throuple wedding at the Inn on the Russian River in Monte Rio, California
- 10 things you need to create that perfect rainbow wedding
- Senate advances Respect for Marriage Act to protect recognition of marriage equality
- 10 ways to use burnt orange in your wedding
- Tam and Yiyun’s intimate summer wedding at Folktale Winery and Vineyards in Carmel Valley, California
- Stefany and Britt’s queer, nonbinary wedding at the Lace House in Columbia, South Carolina
- Priscilla and Jamesa’s fall wedding in Nashville, Tennessee, featured harvest hues of gold, burnt orange, terracotta rust and dusty rose
- Lindsey and Molly’s Christian wedding in New Bern, North Carolina, showcased their two dogs and had a dried flower confetti send-off
- Alyssa and Holly’s Colorado adventure session in Rocky Mountain National Park
- LGBTQ+ Inclusive and Affirming Wedding Venue Spotlight: Filoli
- Halle and Kayden’s Mount Rainier National Park Destination Wedding