Dustin Lance Black and Tom Daley welcome their first child
Olympic diver Tom Daley and filmmaker Dustin Lance Black have welcomed their first child, Robert Ray Black-Daley. The name inspiration came from Daley’s father, Robert, who passed away in 2011 due to brain cancer. Black-Daley was born on Wednesday, June 27.
The two announced in February that they were expecting a baby with the help of an American surrogate. Daley and Lance Black are not interested in knowing whose sperm biologically contributed.
“We put in a boy embryo and a girl embryo, and we don’t know whose is whose,” Daley told the Times of London. “The next time, we’ll do it the other way around.”
The couple, who married in 2017, has received backlash over their choice to parent with the help of a surrogate from people in the United Kingdom, where the couple will be living and raising their child.
• 27/06/18 • Welcome to the world our precious little Robbie Ray Black-Daley ❤ The amount of love and joy you have brought into our life is immeasurable, our precious little son ❤👶🏼❤ pic.twitter.com/J76KgBTRqs
— Tom Daley (@TomDaley1994) June 30, 2018
HOT OFF THE PRESS
- Top 5 LGBTQ+ inclusive and affirming dating apps
- These rugby brides tied the knot after one bride’s wedding party huddle
- Best ways to include dogs in weddings
- A destination mountain wedding in Breckenridge, Colorado, with a rainbow cake
- 10 lawn games to have at your spring wedding
- A luxe New Year’s Eve New Orleans wedding with fireworks and a second line
- Best cake topper ideas for LGBTQ+ weddings
- A Gatsby-inspired vow renewal at the Fox Theatre in Atlanta, Georgia