Dustin Lance Black and Tom Daley welcome their first child
Olympic diver Tom Daley and filmmaker Dustin Lance Black have welcomed their first child, Robert Ray Black-Daley. The name inspiration came from Daley’s father, Robert, who passed away in 2011 due to brain cancer. Black-Daley was born on Wednesday, June 27.
The two announced in February that they were expecting a baby with the help of an American surrogate. Daley and Lance Black are not interested in knowing whose sperm biologically contributed.
“We put in a boy embryo and a girl embryo, and we don’t know whose is whose,” Daley told the Times of London. “The next time, we’ll do it the other way around.”
The couple, who married in 2017, has received backlash over their choice to parent with the help of a surrogate from people in the United Kingdom, where the couple will be living and raising their child.
• 27/06/18 • Welcome to the world our precious little Robbie Ray Black-Daley ❤ The amount of love and joy you have brought into our life is immeasurable, our precious little son ❤👶🏼❤ pic.twitter.com/J76KgBTRqs
— Tom Daley (@TomDaley1994) June 30, 2018
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
The Wedding Biz Podcast
- How do you know when you’re ready to propose? We asked a real couple
- Intimate spring wedding at Butler Park in Austin, Texas
- Gay parents forced to leave Russia due to ‘gay propaganda law’
- Mrs. and Mrs. items that make great LGBTQ+ wedding gifts
- Fun engagement photos at Three Lives & Co. bookstore
- Burgundy and blue spring wedding in San Francisco, California
- Intimate fall destination wedding at Castillo de Santa Catalina in Spain
- Elegant and rustic Malibou Lake Lodge wedding
- Pridelux, a luxury LGBTQ+ wedding show, opens in London
- Sunrise engagement photos in Brooklyn, New York