Dustin Lance Black and Tom Daley welcome their first child
Olympic diver Tom Daley and filmmaker Dustin Lance Black have welcomed their first child, Robert Ray Black-Daley. The name inspiration came from Daley’s father, Robert, who passed away in 2011 due to brain cancer. Black-Daley was born on Wednesday, June 27.
The two announced in February that they were expecting a baby with the help of an American surrogate. Daley and Lance Black are not interested in knowing whose sperm biologically contributed.
“We put in a boy embryo and a girl embryo, and we don’t know whose is whose,” Daley told the Times of London. “The next time, we’ll do it the other way around.”
The couple, who married in 2017, has received backlash over their choice to parent with the help of a surrogate from people in the United Kingdom, where the couple will be living and raising their child.
• 27/06/18 • Welcome to the world our precious little Robbie Ray Black-Daley ❤ The amount of love and joy you have brought into our life is immeasurable, our precious little son ❤👶🏼❤ pic.twitter.com/J76KgBTRqs
— Tom Daley (@TomDaley1994) June 30, 2018
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
- I was insecure about not wanting a traditional wedding—until now
- Sunset engagement photos in Palm Springs, California
- Engagement photos in San Diego and Los Angeles, California
- Don’t make these 5 mistakes when choosing a sperm bank
- Alabama mayor suggests killing LGBTQ+ people and other LGBTQ+ news
- A ‘Straight Pride’ parade is planned and people are very upset
- The creators of the same-sex Barbie wedding set just got married
- You can win the Midwestern Pride wedding of your dreams—here’s how
- Colorful red and white engagement photos in Brooklyn, New York
- Nominate a love champion