Enchanting California engagement session with surprise second proposal
“On July 13th, 2020, Ashleigh and I made a commitment to spend the rest of our lives with each other,” writes Kelly. “We went to Government Canyon State Park, where we had our first date after nervously swiping right on each other on Bumble. We each wrote the other a heartfelt note, along with an exchange of commitment rings we each got for the other.”
When Ashleigh gave Kelly a ring, she also asked Kelly to marry her.
A few months later, Ashleigh made the proposal even more official.
“In the midst of wedding planning and with my birthday coming up, we decided we needed a break from Texas and headed out to California,” Kelly says. “We spent our weekend getting cozy in a cabin in the woods, walked along the Santa Cruz beach and boardwalk, drank wine in the hillside, and, most excitingly, took our engagement pictures.”
“As our photo shoot began, Ashleigh quickly slipped away to get some music playing. Little did I know, she had a little surprise up her sleeve. Along with the music, she returned with a little brown box and proceeded to get down on one knee and officially ask, “Will you marry me?” I was in complete shock, but in the best way possible. Of course I already knew I would be marrying this girl, but I had no idea the plans she had in store for us that weekend.”
Search our directory of LGBTQ+ inclusive vendors.
Photographer: Liv With The Lens
HOT OFF THE PRESS
- Intimate DIY Airbnb Wedding for Two Brides
- TV host and personality Ross Mathews marries Dr. Wellinthon García
- Be on the lookout for these wedding scams
- Gorgeous peacock-colored wedding bash in Washington, DC
- An intimate wedding at Smale Riverfront Park in Cincinnati, OH
- Good Omens–inspired styled elopement with angelic forms, red poppies, goblets and crosses
- Intimate Mountain Wedding in Crowsnest Pass, Alberta, Canada
- Intimate garden wedding and “booze cruise” boat dance party in Salem, Massachusetts
- Engagement session at Matheson Hammock Park in Miami, FL
- Why Taha’a could be your dream honeymoon destination
- Boho garden wedding inspiration at Haiku I Do, Asheville
- Magical Moorea enchants for LGBTQ+ couples