This proposal story is filled with waves of romance.
By Lucy Earvins
After gaining permission from my girlfriend Mindi’s parents and her 15-year-old daughter, I planned on popping the question during a cruise. This being my first cruise, I was worried that there would be trouble getting the ring in my luggage and through security. Safely on board with the ring, I planned on asking her on the first night so we would all week to enjoy it. Mindi is shy, and I am more outgoing, so on that first night, I begged her to do karaoke. She refused several times but finally gave in. We chose “I Got You Babe” by Sonny and Cher. I had previously set it up with the staff that I wanted to ask her in front of everyone. After answering questions about us and the trip for the audience, I got down on one knee and asked her to marry me. She said yes!
We are getting married September 19, 2012 in New York City aboard the Carnival Miracle cruise ship.
Want to see your proposal story in Equally Wed Magazine? For consideration, send an e-mail briefly outlining the highlights of your story and a snapshot of you two to email@example.com. Submission of your photos, videos and letters constitutes permission to Palladino Publishing, publisher of Equally Wed Magazine and EquallyWed.com, to use them in all media.
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
- Adventure engagement photos in the mountains
- 10 LGBTQ+ wedding details that will make your heart explode!
- Fairy themed trans wedding in wine country
- Stunning waterfront photos to celebrate IVF and starting a family
- ABA issues formal opinion that judges can’t refuse same-sex marriages
- I didn’t think Valentine’s Day was for queer couples—now I love celebrating it
- Feminine edgy pink and black wedding inspiration
- Southwestern garden wedding inspiration
- Bank lobby flash mob proposal
- This Republican bill seeks to strip gay marriage rights in Tennessee