Esurance Recognizes All Marriages And #EqualDreams
Equally Wed Editors, 8 years ago 1 min read
Esurance has released “#EqualDreams,” a new video that takes a position that all people’s dreams should be equal. The video, created by Leo Burnett Chicago, was filmed at a wedding on June 13, 2015, in Chicago and features children and gay teens who are asked to describe, in their words, what their future wedding day would be like. Watch the video below.
“We created this online film to show, in an emotionally compelling way, our belief that all dreams should be equal,” said Esurance Chief Marketing Officer Alan Gellman. “But it’s not just a belief. As a modern company, we act on that belief through our products and insurance offerings.”
In every state where Esurance can give couples a married rate, it extends that married rate to either married gay couples, domestic partners or those in civil unions—even in states that do not allow same-sex marriages. Esurance was one of the first car insurance companies to extend the married rate to LGBT customers, something it started doing in 2011.
Equally Wed Editors
We eat, breathe, sleep LGBTQ+ weddings. Sparkles, bronze chargers, Italian honeymoons, destination weddings in Maui, fire dancers, custom suits, family issues, drag queens or string quartet, what pound of card stock are you using, plum or lavender ... talk weddings to us, baby.
HOT OFF THE PRESS
- 10 lawn games to have at your spring wedding
- A luxe New Year’s Eve New Orleans wedding with fireworks and a second line
- Best cake topper ideas for LGBTQ+ weddings
- A Gatsby-inspired vow renewal at the Fox Theatre in Atlanta, Georgia
- A classic black-and-white Vermont wedding with rustic accents and a bold floral choice
- 7 lucky Irish wedding traditions
- Your wedding style according to your zodiac sign
- This destination wedding in Riviera Maya, Mexico, featured a rainbow cake and a song from one of the grooms