By Kathleen Furey
Fascinators have received a lot of attention since the Royal Wedding of Prince William to Catherine Middleton last spring. These not-quite-hats, not-quite-barrettes are a great way to make a statement without covering your whole head or feeling preppy—but are there fascinators that aren’t as elaborate as the one Princess Beatrice donned at the wedding? Of course! Here are five that will have you feeling elegant, trendy and not the target of fashion gossip websites.
Bette Bridal Fascinator
This silk fascinator is perfect for vintage-inspired brides, as it says “elegance” rather than “costume party.” Available at Lo Boheme for $158.
Pop of Sunshine
Fascinators aren’t just for brides—this sunny yellow fascinator would look lovely on a bridal party. Available at Preston & Olivia for $235.
Birds of a Feather
This feather-and-crystal fascinator is perfect for the bride who isn’t so into flowers. Available at PowderBlueBijoux on Etsy for $78.90.
Perfect for the boho bride, this ethereal grouping of soft silk flowers is more delicate, less flower child. Available at Twigs & Honey for $90.
The Ever Mine Ivory Fascinator is perfect for a bride who still wants something traditional, but still look fashion forward. Available at Ruche for $42.99.
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
- I was insecure about not wanting a traditional wedding—until now
- Sunset engagement photos in Palm Springs, California
- Engagement photos in San Diego and Los Angeles, California
- Don’t make these 5 mistakes when choosing a sperm bank
- Alabama mayor suggests killing LGBTQ+ people and other LGBTQ+ news
- A ‘Straight Pride’ parade is planned and people are very upset
- The creators of the same-sex Barbie wedding set just got married
- You can win the Midwestern Pride wedding of your dreams—here’s how
- Colorful red and white engagement photos in Brooklyn, New York
- Nominate a love champion