By Kathleen Furey
Fascinators have received a lot of attention since the Royal Wedding of Prince William to Catherine Middleton last spring. These not-quite-hats, not-quite-barrettes are a great way to make a statement without covering your whole head or feeling preppy—but are there fascinators that aren’t as elaborate as the one Princess Beatrice donned at the wedding? Of course! Here are five that will have you feeling elegant, trendy and not the target of fashion gossip websites.
Bette Bridal Fascinator
This silk fascinator is perfect for vintage-inspired brides, as it says “elegance” rather than “costume party.” Available at Lo Boheme for $158.
Pop of Sunshine
Fascinators aren’t just for brides—this sunny yellow fascinator would look lovely on a bridal party. Available at Preston & Olivia for $235.
Birds of a Feather
This feather-and-crystal fascinator is perfect for the bride who isn’t so into flowers. Available at PowderBlueBijoux on Etsy for $78.90.
Perfect for the boho bride, this ethereal grouping of soft silk flowers is more delicate, less flower child. Available at Twigs & Honey for $90.
The Ever Mine Ivory Fascinator is perfect for a bride who still wants something traditional, but still look fashion forward. Available at Ruche for $42.99.
The Wedding Biz Podcast
- Lynnea + Francecil: rose gold, champagne and burgundy California wedding
- Colorful tropical wedding styled shoot inspiration
- Register for a dream virtual wedding giveaway from Equally Wed, Signature Bride and WebWed Mobile
- All Black Lives Matter: the intersectionality of the Black wedding industry and the LGBTQ+ community
- Dignity and respect for all: marriage equality celebrates five years as a federal right
- Adrianna + Bri: an urban Detroit love shoot
- Celebrity wedding news! Raven-Symoné + Miranda Pearman-Maday are married
- Wedding suit inspiration from 6 top queer influencers for your big day
- Nicole + Andrea: New York multicultural wedding with Caribbean roots (their first look photos are the sweetest!)
- New Orleans industrial wedding inspiration shoot