By Kathleen Furey
Fascinators have received a lot of attention since the Royal Wedding of Prince William to Catherine Middleton last spring. These not-quite-hats, not-quite-barrettes are a great way to make a statement without covering your whole head or feeling preppy—but are there fascinators that aren’t as elaborate as the one Princess Beatrice donned at the wedding? Of course! Here are five that will have you feeling elegant, trendy and not the target of fashion gossip websites.
Bette Bridal Fascinator
This silk fascinator is perfect for vintage-inspired brides, as it says “elegance” rather than “costume party.” Available at Lo Boheme for $158.
Pop of Sunshine
Fascinators aren’t just for brides—this sunny yellow fascinator would look lovely on a bridal party. Available at Preston & Olivia for $235.
Birds of a Feather
This feather-and-crystal fascinator is perfect for the bride who isn’t so into flowers. Available at PowderBlueBijoux on Etsy for $78.90.
Perfect for the boho bride, this ethereal grouping of soft silk flowers is more delicate, less flower child. Available at Twigs & Honey for $90.
The Ever Mine Ivory Fascinator is perfect for a bride who still wants something traditional, but still look fashion forward. Available at Ruche for $42.99.
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
- Gay parents forced to leave Russia due to ‘gay propaganda law’
- Mrs. and Mrs. items that make great LGBTQ+ wedding gifts
- Fun engagement photos at Three Lives & Co. bookstore
- Burgundy and blue spring wedding in San Francisco, California
- Intimate fall destination wedding at Castillo de Santa Catalina in Spain
- Elegant and rustic Malibou Lake Lodge wedding
- Pridelux, a luxury LGBTQ+ wedding show, opens in London
- Sunrise engagement photos in Brooklyn, New York
- Hundreds of Alabama Methodists sign letter of apology to LGBTQ+ community
- Peach florals warm this industrial distillery wedding inspiration