The Ultimate Recipe to Get Rid of Sunburn (Fast!)
By Brittny Drye
So, your attempt at the perfect bridal glow before the big day didn’t turn out so well and you now look like a boiled lobster. First off, tsk tsk for not using SPF! But since we’ve passed the point of no return, I’m going to let you in on a little secret that gets rid of sunburn—fast. The average time it takes to go from burnt to brown: 12 hours. Giving you that fun-in-the-sun tan you wanted, just in time to say “I do.”
- Step 1: When you get home, take a cold shower. This will rinse off any SPF 10 lotion you put on and start reducing the redness, swelling and itching.
- Step 2: Take an Ibuprofen, such as Motrin or Advil, or naprosyn, like Aleve which are all anti-inflammatory to help dull the pain.
- Step 3: Fill a bowl with warm water and soak four black tea bags in it (I prefer Earl Grey) until it’s black. The tannins in the tea help draw out the burn.
- Step 4: Let the water cool to a lukewarm temperature, and dunk a rag into the tea (note: it’ll get stained, so don’t use a nice washcloth). Then lightly dab it onto the burn.
- Step 5: Keep doing the entire area until it’s either covered or the tea has turned cold. Do not rinse off. Re-apply using lukewarm tea as necessary.
- Step 6: Consistently drink water to rehydrate your skin, which helps it repair itself.
- Step 7: In the morning, slather on moisturizer and, if you go outside, practice safe sunning!
The Wedding Biz Podcast
- Burgundy and gold LGBTQ+ wedding inspiration
- Carolina + Eli: family photo session cover for surprise marriage proposal
- Heather + Tiffany: Sunday morning brunch love shoot
- Lynnea + Francecil: rose gold, champagne and burgundy California wedding
- Colorful tropical wedding styled shoot inspiration
- Register for a dream virtual wedding giveaway from Equally Wed, Signature Bride and WebWed Mobile
- All Black Lives Matter: the intersectionality of the Black wedding industry and the LGBTQ+ community
- Dignity and respect for all: marriage equality celebrates five years as a federal right
- Adrianna + Bri: an urban Detroit love shoot
- Celebrity wedding news! Raven-Symoné + Miranda Pearman-Maday are married