Fairy-tale outdoor wedding in New Jersey with whimsical decor and endless greenery
Nicole + Amanda
Wedding Location: Bridgewater, New Jersey
Nicole and Amanda met in 2012 while they were in the same sorority. They were participating in sister “speed dating” as a way for new members to get to know everybody. The two of them were randomly paired, and after their two-minute session, they began spending a lot more time together.
“Amanda and I had several highs and lows that remaining year,” Nicole said. “People began speculating, passing judgments, and one can only imagine the amount of drama and scandal associated with a sorority house.”
After a while, Nicole couldn’t take it anymore and called it off with Amanda.
“That next day the unexpected happened,” Nicole said. “Amanda showed up at my front door [to talk]…I was moved by the act itself and asked if she wanted to try dating so that’s exactly what we did.”
Seven years later, the couple got engaged and had an intimate, fairytale wedding in Bridgewater, New Jersey.
Search our directory of LGBTQ+ inclusive vendors.
Photographer: Courtney Simpson Photography
filed under: LGBTQ+ love, LGBTQ+ wedding, LGBTQ+ engagement, LGBTQ+ love story, New Jersey wedding, outdoor wedding
HOT OFF THE PRESS
- Intimate DIY Airbnb Wedding for Two Brides
- TV host and personality Ross Mathews marries Dr. Wellinthon García
- Be on the lookout for these wedding scams
- Gorgeous peacock-colored wedding bash in Washington, DC
- An intimate wedding at Smale Riverfront Park in Cincinnati, OH
- Good Omens–inspired styled elopement with angelic forms, red poppies, goblets and crosses
- Intimate Mountain Wedding in Crowsnest Pass, Alberta, Canada
- Intimate garden wedding and “booze cruise” boat dance party in Salem, Massachusetts
- Engagement session at Matheson Hammock Park in Miami, FL
- Why Taha’a could be your dream honeymoon destination
- Boho garden wedding inspiration at Haiku I Do, Asheville
- Magical Moorea enchants for LGBTQ+ couples