Fairy-tale outdoor wedding in New Jersey with whimsical decor and endless greenery
Nicole + Amanda
Wedding Location: Bridgewater, New Jersey
Nicole and Amanda met in 2012 while they were in the same sorority. They were participating in sister “speed dating” as a way for new members to get to know everybody. The two of them were randomly paired, and after their two-minute session, they began spending a lot more time together.
“Amanda and I had several highs and lows that remaining year,” Nicole said. “People began speculating, passing judgments, and one can only imagine the amount of drama and scandal associated with a sorority house.”
After a while, Nicole couldn’t take it anymore and called it off with Amanda.
“That next day the unexpected happened,” Nicole said. “Amanda showed up at my front door [to talk]…I was moved by the act itself and asked if she wanted to try dating so that’s exactly what we did.”
Seven years later, the couple got engaged and had an intimate, fairytale wedding in Bridgewater, New Jersey.
Search our directory of LGBTQ+ inclusive vendors.
Photographer: Courtney Simpson Photography
filed under: LGBTQ+ love, LGBTQ+ wedding, LGBTQ+ engagement, LGBTQ+ love story, New Jersey wedding, outdoor wedding
HOT OFF THE PRESS
- From OkCupid to a sunrise mountain wedding
- A destination wedding in Mexico with cold fireworks and an LED neon drum show
- Lawryn and Deja’s Richmond, Virginia, wedding at The Renaissance
- Wondery and Danvas founder Hernan Lopez marries music supervisor Scott Velasquez in West Hollywood wedding
- Classic black and white wedding ideas
- Say Yes to the Dress celebrity Randy Fenoli is engaged
- Tara and Emma’s purple and ivory wedding at Berkeley City Club in Berkeley, California
- The 19th Explains: Why the Respect for Marriage Act doesn’t codify same-sex marriage rights