Fairy-tale outdoor wedding in New Jersey with whimsical decor and endless greenery
Nicole + Amanda
Wedding Location: Bridgewater, New Jersey
Nicole and Amanda met in 2012 while they were in the same sorority. They were participating in sister “speed dating” as a way for new members to get to know everybody. The two of them were randomly paired, and after their two-minute session, they began spending a lot more time together.
“Amanda and I had several highs and lows that remaining year,” Nicole said. “People began speculating, passing judgments, and one can only imagine the amount of drama and scandal associated with a sorority house.”
After a while, Nicole couldn’t take it anymore and called it off with Amanda.
“That next day the unexpected happened,” Nicole said. “Amanda showed up at my front door [to talk]…I was moved by the act itself and asked if she wanted to try dating so that’s exactly what we did.”
Seven years later, the couple got engaged and had an intimate, fairytale wedding in Bridgewater, New Jersey.
Search our directory of LGBTQ+ inclusive vendors.
Photographer: Courtney Simpson Photography
filed under: LGBTQ+ love, LGBTQ+ wedding, LGBTQ+ engagement, LGBTQ+ love story, New Jersey wedding, outdoor wedding
HOT OFF THE PRESS
- Jamie and Ashley’s florescent and fun May wedding at Greenhouse Lofts in Chicago
- Simple and elegant winter wedding for two brides in Santa Ana, California
- Low-key Louisville, Kentucky, wedding celebrates chosen family, queer joy and spirituality
- A weed wedding with earthy, elegant details
- Romantic Santorini sunset proposal
- Outdoor summer wedding in Acadia National Park
- New Mexico Badlands multicultural boho lesbian elopement
- Get inspired by the romantic vibes at this Minneapolis candlelit wedding
- Quirky and sweet Colorado couple’s scene-matching city photo shoot
- A new bill aims to protect same-sex marriage. What would it do if Obergefell falls?
- Sentimental Elements Shine For These Two Brides’ Virginia Beach Wedding Featuring Bourbon, Rainbows and a Plethora of Family Support
- Colorful New York Rainbow Wedding Featuring A Drag Queen, Handmade Arch and Boho Decor