Guests celebrated Margaret and Sarah’s wedding at Sarah’s family lake house, a location very sentimental to Sarah who grew up visiting the Illinois home.
The couple exchanged letters the day of their wedding, reminiscing on how they met and how excited they are to spend the rest of their lives together. They received a sentimental, creative marriage survival kit. The kit included a items such as a toothpick “to remind you to pick out the good qualities in each other,” a Band-aid “to remind you to heal hurt feelings,” a candle “to light up each other’s life” and socks “to keep the cold feet away.”
Margaret and Sarah didn’t let the rain put a damper on their day. The couple took their wedding photos outdoors under clear umbrellas, capturing the beauty of a rainy day while not covering their faces with a colorful umbrella.
Everyone stayed dry at the tented reception. White folding chairs and linens decorated the round tables where guests were seated for dinner. Blue place settings and buckets of wildflowers added pops of color to the white setting. The newlyweds cut into a vanilla and chocolate semi-naked cake topped with flowers matching the marriers’ bouquets. Cupcakes and other assorted desserts were available for guests to munch on.
Photography: DeAnda Photography
Planner: Loni Farmer (family friend)
Florist: Fairy Godmother
DJ: Marcus Windsor of Chicago Mobile DJs
Attire: David’s Bridal
Jewelry: Oak Park Jewelers
Cake: Kara Bollivar (friend of the couple)
Officiant: Nick Knuffman (friend of the couple)
Catering: Lorenzo Martinez at Maravela’s
Wine barrels: Dan Iwans at All About Barrels
Tent rentals: Top Choice Rentals
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
The Wedding Biz Podcast
- Royal and elegant wedding at Crest Hollow Country Club
- Small summer destination wedding in Perth, Western Australia
- United Methodist Church on verge of split over same-sex marriage and LGBTQ+ clergy
- Moody, fun summer backyard wedding in Los Angeles, California
- Intimate sunset beach wedding ceremony in La Jolla, California
- LGBTQ-friendly birthing and doula group forms in D.C.
- Modern wedding inspiration influenced by artist Katsushika Hokusai
- Marriage equality is now available in Northern Ireland
- Colorful, floral tropical beach destination wedding in Makaha, Hawaii
- Your wedding’s over. Here’s what you can focus on next