By Katherine Dean
Equally Wed loves raising a glass in celebration of marriage equality. Here’s what we’re toasting to this week:
Today marks one year since New Hampshire Governor John Lynch signed the state’s same-sex marriage bill into law. Marriage equality officially replaced civil unions on January 1, 2010 and on January 1, 2011 all civil unions in that took place and are still valid in New Hampshire will become marriages.
Huge congratulations are in order for Glee star Jane Lynch, who married her longtime love, Dr. Lara Embry, on Monday in Sunderland, Massachusetts. The couple tied the knot in an intimate, outdoor ceremony at the Blue Heron Restaurant with 21 guests in attendance. Though the couple lives in California, they traveled to Massachusetts, where same-sex marriage is legal, to exchange their vows.
Last Thursday, New York Attorney General Andrew Cuomo won the Democratic nomination for governor. In his acceptance speech, Cuomo vowed to legalize same-sex marriage and bring equality to all in the state of New York.
Equally Wed wants to celebrate with you, too. Tell us about your engagement, wedding or anniversary! Send an email to email@example.com.
The Wedding Biz Podcast
- An incredible educational offer for wedding and event pros
- Burgundy and gold LGBTQ+ wedding inspiration
- Carolina + Eli: family photo session cover for surprise marriage proposal
- Heather + Tiffany: Sunday morning brunch love shoot
- Lynnea + Francecil: rose gold, champagne and burgundy California wedding
- Colorful tropical wedding styled shoot inspiration
- Register for a dream virtual wedding giveaway from Equally Wed, Signature Bride and WebWed Mobile
- All Black Lives Matter: the intersectionality of the Black wedding industry and the LGBTQ+ community
- Dignity and respect for all: marriage equality celebrates five years as a federal right
- Adrianna + Bri: an urban Detroit love shoot