Everyone wants his or her proposal to be special, and what could be more meaningful when kicking off the planning of your gay wedding than proposing during Gay Pride Month? Gay-friendly Kimpton Hotel brand couldn’t agree more, which is why it’s offering a “Propose on Pride” package at its swank 70 park avenue hotel (70 Park Ave., at 38th St., New York, NY 10016, 877.707.2752). And in what city could be more fitting, than the home of Pride, where it all began with the Stonewall riots on June 28, 1969, at the Stonewall Inn, in the Greenwich Village neighborhood of New York City?
Start by staying somewhere gay-friendly (the Kimpton brand is renowned for its support of the LGBT community). Surprise your sweetheart with a trip to NYC for Pride, and book a stay at 70 park avenue hotel to start the engagement off right. The “Propose on Pride” package includes two fierce fizz champagne cocktails upon arrival, a blissful breakfast in bed, a rainbow flag, a disposable camera, a map of the Gay Pride Parade route and a map of local LGBT friendly-hotspots.
Located in the heart of Murray Hill, 70 park avenue hotel boasts 205 luxury rooms and suites, all of which include an iHome docking station with alarm clock, L’Occitane spa-inspired bath amenities, a handy batch of “Forgot It? We’ve Got It!” essential travel items, the “Mind. Body. Spa.” yoga channel and complimentary in-room yoga accessories and our fave: plush terrycloth leopard-print bathrobes. Another aspect we can’t get enough of at this quiet haven for travelers is the evening wine hour. Every evening, guests are invited to relax in the lobby each evening for a complimentary glass of red or white. And whether you’re staying here to pop the question or just to lay your head somewhere nice between Pride festivities, there’s definitely something to celebrate with a glass of vino.
NYC Pride Week is June 19-27, 2010. For a full calendar of NYC Pride events, visit www.nycpride.org.
The Pride special at 70 park avenue is valid June 1 through July 5, 2010 and rates start at $289 per night, based on double occupancy. To book, visit www.70parkave.com and enter rate code, PPR6.
Celebrating Pride in another city? Don’t fret. You can still get in on the action. The Kimpton hotel chain has hotels in 23 cities across America, and it’s offering a brand-wide Pride deal. Use rate code PRIDE when making your online reservation to receive 15 percent off your room rate between now and Sept. 5. Guests also will receive a $25 daily dining credit to enjoy at the fabulous Kimpton Restaurants and a Pride welcome gift at check-in.
Photos courtesy of Kimpton Hotels. Top photo by David Burton.
The Wedding Biz Podcast
- Lynnea + Francecil: rose gold, champagne and burgundy California wedding
- Colorful tropical wedding styled shoot inspiration
- Register for a dream virtual wedding giveaway from Equally Wed, Signature Bride and WebWed Mobile
- All Black Lives Matter: the intersectionality of the Black wedding industry and the LGBTQ+ community
- Dignity and respect for all: marriage equality celebrates five years as a federal right
- Adrianna + Bri: an urban Detroit love shoot
- Celebrity wedding news! Raven-Symoné + Miranda Pearman-Maday are married
- Wedding suit inspiration from 6 top queer influencers for your big day
- Nicole + Andrea: New York multicultural wedding with Caribbean roots (their first look photos are the sweetest!)
- New Orleans industrial wedding inspiration shoot