Georgia lesbian speakeasy spring wedding with pets at Yarborough Mill
Belinda and Jarrett’s Georgia lesbian speakeasy spring wedding with pets at Yarborough Mill
Belinda and Jarrett met as pen pals, with one residing in the United States and the other in New Zealand. Over their 20-year relationship, they have built an amazing life together and their wedding reflected that perfectly. They were married on April 30, 2016, at Yarborough Mill in Fairmount, Georgia. Guests came from all over the world to celebrate their love. The forecast was not looking good, as it was supposed to rain all day, but with an amazing stroke of luck, the rain stopped and then held off all day until after the ceremony. There were personal touches all throughout the day; including the wedding being styled as a speakeasy, their golden retrievers, and they had friends and family dressed the part.
From the couple:
“From the 1920s theme at an incredible, rustic venue to the outpouring of love and support from our closest family and friends, our wedding day was one of the most memorable of our lives. It was more than a wedding. It was our 20th anniversary party, a celebration of hard earned equality, an exchange of long over-due vows and a once in a lifetime opportunity to bring two “southern” families—one from the southern hemisphere (New Zealand) and the other from the Virginias—together for an unforgettable evening!
We spent a lot of time and effort planning this wedding and took great pride in creating a lot of the details ourselves; from the custom cake toppers to the centerpieces and handmade favors. We handpicked our wonderful vendors and couldn’t be happier with our choices. Everything came together seamlessly on the day to create a magical atmosphere and unforgettable day.”
Kirsten Ott Palladino
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
Follow Equally Wed on Instagram!
The Wedding Biz Podcast
- New Orleans industrial wedding inspiration shoot
- Danika + Cassidy: a Chicago engagement photoshoot with salsa dancing
- Reclaiming Asian pride: a San Diego private prenuptial tea-and-cocktail celebration
- Anthony + Paul: boho-lux Portugal destination wedding
- Lakesha + Nikia: Decatur, Ga. outdoor wedding during the coronavirus
- David + Andrew: Midwestern Pride Wedding Giveaway winners marry
- Romantic Vancouver elopement inspiration
- David + Anthony: Natural, earthy and warm Milwaukee, Wisconsin, wedding
- Jenny + Robin: a record-breaking cruise ship wedding vow renewal
- Meagan + Kristyn: an Austin, Texas, luxury outdoor wedding