GLAAD Presents: State of Change – Georgia – GLAAD LGBT Documentary [VIDEO]
“GLAAD Presents: State of Change – Georgia” is a short documentary profiling the experiences of LGBT advocates and their allies in the Peach State. This GLAAD LGBT documentary, which exclusively debuted on Out.com, is the second in a series of six films that will share the experiences of LGBT people and communities across the U.S. South.
The short films were produced and directed by Claire Pires as part of GLAAD’s Southern Stories program, which is dedicated to accelerating acceptance in America’s southern states.
The film explores issues such as marriage equality, LGBTQ youth, working in Georgia (a state where you can still be fired for being gay), religion, transgender homecoming queens and a variety of subcultures.
The Georgia-based film was screened and followed by a panel on Wednesday at Atlanta’s Turner Broadcasting, during GLAAD’s Southern Stories Summer Tour. As part of the Summer Tour, GLAAD met with local LGBT advocates in six Southern states in eight days to bring attention to their stories.
For more information about GLAAD’s work, please visit glaad.org, facebook.com/glaad, and twitter.com/glaad.
Equally Wed Editors
HOT OFF THE PRESS
- A summer mountain wedding with two dads and their son, a food truck and rainbow smoke bombs in Asheville, North Carolina
- Top 5 LGBTQ+ inclusive and affirming dating apps
- These rugby brides tied the knot after one bride’s wedding party huddle
- Best ways to include dogs in weddings
- A destination mountain wedding in Breckenridge, Colorado, with a rainbow cake
- 10 lawn games to have at your spring wedding
- A luxe New Year’s Eve New Orleans wedding with fireworks and a second line
- Best cake topper ideas for LGBTQ+ weddings