GLAAD Presents: State of Change – Georgia – GLAAD LGBT Documentary [VIDEO]
“GLAAD Presents: State of Change – Georgia” is a short documentary profiling the experiences of LGBT advocates and their allies in the Peach State. This GLAAD LGBT documentary, which exclusively debuted on Out.com, is the second in a series of six films that will share the experiences of LGBT people and communities across the U.S. South.
The short films were produced and directed by Claire Pires as part of GLAAD’s Southern Stories program, which is dedicated to accelerating acceptance in America’s southern states.
The film explores issues such as marriage equality, LGBTQ youth, working in Georgia (a state where you can still be fired for being gay), religion, transgender homecoming queens and a variety of subcultures.
The Georgia-based film was screened and followed by a panel on Wednesday at Atlanta’s Turner Broadcasting, during GLAAD’s Southern Stories Summer Tour. As part of the Summer Tour, GLAAD met with local LGBT advocates in six Southern states in eight days to bring attention to their stories.
Equally Wed Editors
HOT OFF THE PRESS
- The 19th Explains: Why the Respect for Marriage Act doesn’t codify same-sex marriage rights
- Pantone announces its 2023 color of the year
- Emily, Willie and Sarah’s DIY throuple wedding at the Inn on the Russian River in Monte Rio, California
- 10 things you need to create that perfect rainbow wedding
- Senate advances Respect for Marriage Act to protect recognition of marriage equality
- 10 ways to use burnt orange in your wedding
- Tam and Yiyun’s intimate summer wedding at Folktale Winery and Vineyards in Carmel Valley, California
- Stefany and Britt’s queer, nonbinary wedding at the Lace House in Columbia, South Carolina
- Priscilla and Jamesa’s fall wedding in Nashville, Tennessee, featured harvest hues of gold, burnt orange, terracotta rust and dusty rose
- Lindsey and Molly’s Christian wedding in New Bern, North Carolina, showcased their two dogs and had a dried flower confetti send-off
- Alyssa and Holly’s Colorado adventure session in Rocky Mountain National Park
- LGBTQ+ Inclusive and Affirming Wedding Venue Spotlight: Filoli