Gracie + Rosanna: A Romantic Autumn Wedding in New York
Gracie and Rosanna met the old-fashioned way: through MySpace. Gracie didn’t waste any time, and when she saw Rosanna’s profile, she immediately sent her a message … and the rest is history. After five years of being together, they tied the knot in Long Island, celebrating in style at The Watermill.
It’s funny how we met; it was actually through Myspace. Gracie sent me a message that was kind of blunt, like, “I think you’re cute. Hit me up if you’re interested”. At that point in my life, I wasn’t looking for a relationship, but then a few days later I get another message. This time it was a funny one (Gracie introducing herself to me, and apologizing for her friends trying to hook her up by sending me the first message.) As she continued to describe her likes and interests in life, she immediately caught my attention and made me laugh, so I wrote her back. I told her a little bit about myself, and we haven’t stopped talking ever since that day. We spoke every single day and met just 3 days after speaking over the phone. After dating for a year and a half and only seeing each other on weekends, we finally decided to move in together. It was new and exciting for the both of us because i had never lived with a girlfriend, and to top that off, I was Gracie’s first lesbian relationship.
Fast-forward 5 years later, and we were married on November 2, 2013 at The Watermill in Nesconset, NY. It was a small, intimate wedding of approximately 60 guests, all family and friends. We had a great day; it was the perfect weather (almost 70 degrees and perfectly sunny.) We felt so lucky because the days before and after our wedding day were cold, cloudy and rainy. It was like it was meant to be. We even hired a fabulous drag queen by the name of Jizzabella to greet our guests prior to the ceremony. The best part of the night was when our friends surprised us with a karaoke song by Marc Anthony called “My Baby You.” It was just a great night full of love and support for gay marriage.
The Wedding Biz Podcast
- Register for a dream virtual wedding giveaway from Equally Wed, Signature Bride and WebWed Mobile
- All Black Lives Matter: the intersectionality of the Black wedding industry and the LGBTQ+ community
- Dignity and respect for all: marriage equality celebrates five years as a federal right
- Adrianna + Bri: an urban Detroit love shoot
- Celebrity wedding news! Raven-Symoné + Miranda Pearman-Maday are married
- Wedding suit inspiration from 6 top queer influencers for your big day
- Nicole + Andrea: New York multicultural wedding with Caribbean roots (their first look photos are the sweetest!)
- New Orleans industrial wedding inspiration shoot
- Danika + Cassidy: a Chicago engagement photoshoot with salsa dancing
- Reclaiming Asian pride: a San Diego private prenuptial tea-and-cocktail celebration