Gracie + Rosanna: A Romantic Autumn Wedding in New York
Gracie and Rosanna met the old-fashioned way: through MySpace. Gracie didn’t waste any time, and when she saw Rosanna’s profile, she immediately sent her a message … and the rest is history. After five years of being together, they tied the knot in Long Island, celebrating in style at The Watermill.
It’s funny how we met; it was actually through Myspace. Gracie sent me a message that was kind of blunt, like, “I think you’re cute. Hit me up if you’re interested”. At that point in my life, I wasn’t looking for a relationship, but then a few days later I get another message. This time it was a funny one (Gracie introducing herself to me, and apologizing for her friends trying to hook her up by sending me the first message.) As she continued to describe her likes and interests in life, she immediately caught my attention and made me laugh, so I wrote her back. I told her a little bit about myself, and we haven’t stopped talking ever since that day. We spoke every single day and met just 3 days after speaking over the phone. After dating for a year and a half and only seeing each other on weekends, we finally decided to move in together. It was new and exciting for the both of us because i had never lived with a girlfriend, and to top that off, I was Gracie’s first lesbian relationship.
Fast-forward 5 years later, and we were married on November 2, 2013 at The Watermill in Nesconset, NY. It was a small, intimate wedding of approximately 60 guests, all family and friends. We had a great day; it was the perfect weather (almost 70 degrees and perfectly sunny.) We felt so lucky because the days before and after our wedding day were cold, cloudy and rainy. It was like it was meant to be. We even hired a fabulous drag queen by the name of Jizzabella to greet our guests prior to the ceremony. The best part of the night was when our friends surprised us with a karaoke song by Marc Anthony called “My Baby You.” It was just a great night full of love and support for gay marriage.
Photography: VinnyD Photography
Venue and catering: The Watermill
Florist: Duryea’s Flower Shop
DJ and lighting: Tommy Tunes
Dresses: David’s Bridal
Suits: Men’s Warehouse
Linens: Finishing Touch
HOT OFF THE PRESS
- How to celebrate International Transgender Day of Visibility
- A winter wedding in Orlando, Florida, celebrating two brides and their son with a spiritual ceremony and vegan cake
- Lizzo and YITTY launch a gender-neutral shapewear line
- This destination elopement in Central Park featured couture velvet suit jackets and Star Wars cufflinks
- In celebration and memory of LGBTQ+ icon Paul O’Grady
- From a New York first date to a New Orleans fall LGBTQ+ wedding with a second line and Polaroid guest book
- Yes, you should schedule an engagement photoshoot!
- These grooms walked down the aisle together with their dog in their outdoor Savannah, Georgia, LGBTQ+ wedding