Gracie + Rosanna: A Romantic Autumn Wedding in New York
Gracie and Rosanna met the old-fashioned way: through MySpace. Gracie didn’t waste any time, and when she saw Rosanna’s profile, she immediately sent her a message … and the rest is history. After five years of being together, they tied the knot in Long Island, celebrating in style at The Watermill.
It’s funny how we met; it was actually through Myspace. Gracie sent me a message that was kind of blunt, like, “I think you’re cute. Hit me up if you’re interested”. At that point in my life, I wasn’t looking for a relationship, but then a few days later I get another message. This time it was a funny one (Gracie introducing herself to me, and apologizing for her friends trying to hook her up by sending me the first message.) As she continued to describe her likes and interests in life, she immediately caught my attention and made me laugh, so I wrote her back. I told her a little bit about myself, and we haven’t stopped talking ever since that day. We spoke every single day and met just 3 days after speaking over the phone. After dating for a year and a half and only seeing each other on weekends, we finally decided to move in together. It was new and exciting for the both of us because i had never lived with a girlfriend, and to top that off, I was Gracie’s first lesbian relationship.
Fast-forward 5 years later, and we were married on November 2, 2013 at The Watermill in Nesconset, NY. It was a small, intimate wedding of approximately 60 guests, all family and friends. We had a great day; it was the perfect weather (almost 70 degrees and perfectly sunny.) We felt so lucky because the days before and after our wedding day were cold, cloudy and rainy. It was like it was meant to be. We even hired a fabulous drag queen by the name of Jizzabella to greet our guests prior to the ceremony. The best part of the night was when our friends surprised us with a karaoke song by Marc Anthony called “My Baby You.” It was just a great night full of love and support for gay marriage.
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
The Wedding Biz Podcast
- Monochromatic countryside double wedding inspiration
- Lesbian couple denied by California winery wedding venue receives apology after performer Nikki Levy intervenes
- 12 creative and unique alternative wedding cakes for your celebration
- 22 couples with tattoos who prove ink is the best wedding look
- Lesbian pioneers in fight for marriage equality now in bitter divorce battle challenging definition of marriage
- Double engagement inspiration in the Arizona Cactus Garden
- 9 themed weddings you’ll love, from Beauty and the Beast to astronomy
- Gay dads around globe get less parental leave than lesbian parents and straight couples
- How we chose our wedding party and asked them to share the day with us
- This romantic fall wedding has some seriously gorgeous foliage