How Frank Darling can help LGBTQ+ couples design the perfect custom rings
Custom jeweler Frank Darling is not only devoted to selling ethically sourced, sustainable diamonds; it is also committed to making the ring-buying process inclusive, affordable, and fun.
Too often, diamond companies require minimum budgets and charge excessive fees that prevent many couples from purchasing the rings of their dreams, explains Olivia Hampton, content manager at Frank Darling.
Those who choose to shop with Frank Darling, however, won’t find outlandish extra charges and will experience a company devoted to eliminating the gatekeeping tactics the diamond industry has employed for so long.
“We take pride in our ability to create an individualized, design focused custom experience without charging unnecessary fees,” Hampton said.
Instead of pushing customers to spend more, Frank Darling designers are there to help couples stay within their budgets and to steadily guide them through what can feel like an overwhelming number of possibilities.
“Choosing the right diamond for you can be such a tricky task,” Hampton said, “and our designers are available to break down the pros and cons of lab vs. natural, talk through the differences in suppliers, and will only source diamonds that fit a client’s budget, specification and sourcing preferences.”
Every single Frank Darling piece is made to order, which means couples have the opportunity to design the exact wedding and engagement rings they want.
For LGBTQ+ couples, custom rings are an especially perfect way to create pieces that speak to their relationship and that have not been designed with hetero and gender-normative traditions in mind.
“We think the historical nature of gender-bias and gatekeeping has set the jewelry industry back for too long,” Hampton said. “If you want sparkle, you should be able to have it in the style that suits you! We love working with LGBTQ+ couples to find the perfect designs that fit them and their partner, represents their journey, and is a beautiful representation of their love.”
To help couples visualize the ring(s) they want, the company offers a unique Dream Ring Quiz. After customers answer 20 questions about their preferences, they will receive a free custom sketch of a potential ring. There is no commitment, and customers can even take the quiz as many times as they like so they can compare and contrast different designs. After customers receive their sketch, they can begin working with a designer.
Hampton wants couples to know that they need not feel intimidated by the diamond industry and that there really is a diamond out there for everyone.
“The industry has been set up as a high-pressure environment due to the ‘rarity’ of diamonds, but the truth is that unless your preferences are incredibly specific, there will almost always be a great diamond option available.”
Hampton also encouraged couples to work together to design their rings, explaining that there is a huge misconception that the engagement ring shopping process should be kept secret from the ring’s recipient.
Shopping together, on the other hand, can be a wonderful shared experience that results in something both partners know they love.
“You all should totally communicate on what you both want out of a ring,” Hampton said, “and it makes the design process so much more fun when you build it together.”
HOT OFF THE PRESS
- Jamie and Ashley’s florescent and fun May wedding at Greenhouse Lofts in Chicago
- Simple and elegant winter wedding for two brides in Santa Ana, California
- Low-key Louisville, Kentucky, wedding celebrates chosen family, queer joy and spirituality
- A weed wedding with earthy, elegant details
- Romantic Santorini sunset proposal
- Outdoor summer wedding in Acadia National Park
- New Mexico Badlands multicultural boho lesbian elopement
- Get inspired by the romantic vibes at this Minneapolis candlelit wedding
- Quirky and sweet Colorado couple’s scene-matching city photo shoot
- A new bill aims to protect same-sex marriage. What would it do if Obergefell falls?
- Sentimental Elements Shine For These Two Brides’ Virginia Beach Wedding Featuring Bourbon, Rainbows and a Plethora of Family Support
- Colorful New York Rainbow Wedding Featuring A Drag Queen, Handmade Arch and Boho Decor