Pocket squares are the perfect simple accessory that can add flare to your wedding day style. Dating back to the use of the handkerchief by King Richard II in the 1300s, the pocket square is an easy way to spice up any jacket, coordinate with a color scheme, match your tie or simply express your personality with a fun design.
If you’re new to the pocket square game, we recommend you start with a classic look to practice your folding technique.
If you are planning to wear a pocket square to a wedding or event, make sure to practice your folding before the big day, whether the fold appears easy or not. You’ll be glad you practiced so you aren’t scrambling to get it right the morning of your big day.
Do you accept this rose? Create this “pro” fold to wear your favorite flower in your pocket. Perfect to match a rose corsage, bouquet or floral centerpiece.
Choose from a variety of amazing folding methods with this how-to guide from Ties.com. Practice makes perfect and before you know it all your friends will be looking to you as the go-to source for all things pocket square, which we think is a pretty good title to have.
The Wedding Biz Podcast
- Carolina + Eli: family photo session cover for surprise marriage proposal
- Heather + Tiffany: Sunday morning brunch love shoot
- Lynnea + Francecil: rose gold, champagne and burgundy California wedding
- Colorful tropical wedding styled shoot inspiration
- Register for a dream virtual wedding giveaway from Equally Wed, Signature Bride and WebWed Mobile
- All Black Lives Matter: the intersectionality of the Black wedding industry and the LGBTQ+ community
- Dignity and respect for all: marriage equality celebrates five years as a federal right
- Adrianna + Bri: an urban Detroit love shoot
- Celebrity wedding news! Raven-Symoné + Miranda Pearman-Maday are married
- Wedding suit inspiration from 6 top queer influencers for your big day