Pocket squares are the perfect simple accessory that can add flare to your wedding day style. Dating back to the use of the handkerchief by King Richard II in the 1300s, the pocket square is an easy way to spice up any jacket, coordinate with a color scheme, match your tie or simply express your personality with a fun design.
If you’re new to the pocket square game, we recommend you start with a classic look to practice your folding technique.
If you are planning to wear a pocket square to a wedding or event, make sure to practice your folding before the big day, whether the fold appears easy or not. You’ll be glad you practiced so you aren’t scrambling to get it right the morning of your big day.
Do you accept this rose? Create this “pro” fold to wear your favorite flower in your pocket. Perfect to match a rose corsage, bouquet or floral centerpiece.
Choose from a variety of amazing folding methods with this how-to guide from Ties.com. Practice makes perfect and before you know it all your friends will be looking to you as the go-to source for all things pocket square, which we think is a pretty good title to have.
HOT OFF THE PRESS
- This destination elopement in Central Park featured couture velvet suit jackets and Star Wars cufflinks
- In celebration and memory of LGBTQ+ icon Paul O’Grady
- From a New York first date to a New Orleans fall LGBTQ+ wedding with a second line and Polaroid guest book
- Yes, you should schedule an engagement photoshoot!
- These grooms walked down the aisle together with their dog in their outdoor Savannah, Georgia, LGBTQ+ wedding
- Best LGBTQ+ bach weekend activity ideas
- A chic Brooklyn, New York, wedding for spiritual brides with a Pride-inspired reception photoshoot
- Marriage equality in India is about to see a landmark case