Marathoners Allie and Ashley tied the knot at an Episcopal church in Maine, posing under the church’s “all are welcome at God’s table” sign outside. Allie wore a knee-length dress with three-quarter length sleeves and her wedding party wore black. Ashley’s dress was strapless with an embellished waist with her attendants in a deep turquoise. Red and pink floral bouquets popped against the marriers’ all-white ensembles and matched the bright pink shawls Ashley’s wedding party wore as they all headed down to the breezy beach for photos after the ceremony.
The newlyweds’ wedding reception was decorated with nautical details, seemingly bringing the harbor indoors. Guests found their seats with the assistance of colorful buoy cut-outs. Tables were decorated with navy blue table runners, wooden buoy table numbers, votive candles and floral centerpieces to match the couple’s bouquets. Menus were laid on the chargers of each place setting, giving guests an entree choice of salmon, chicken or lobster macaroni and cheese.
“York, Maine is a special place to Allie and Ashley and was the obvious choice for their wedding celebration! Allie got ready at her grandmother’s home overlooking York Harbor beach and their reception took place at her uncle’s home just around the bend. One of the best parts of this day was just how special and intimate it felt. Both brides brought their own personal style to the day and it just felt like they had a very special part in every little touch. Their excitement, energy and love for each other was nearly tangible throughout their celebration. Tears of joy were shed as Ashley met Allie at the altar, cheers were heard (loudly if I might add) as they were pronounced married and laughter filled the tent during diners’ toasts. And speaking of toasts! Allie’s sister (with the help of all guests) gave one of the most amazing, creative and heartfelt toasts I have ever witnessed! Taking from the couple’s history with running marathons she likened their future together to running the Boston Marathon. Just like in their life together they have many, many supporters, who at various mile markers would jump up with signs of support and love cheering them on! It was fantastic! The whole place was on their feet and cheering for them! It was beautiful.”
From the photographer, Brea McDonald
The Wedding Biz Podcast
- Mashaun + Elvis: Georgia wedding with amethyst and aquamarine birthstone colors
- We said yes! Now what? LGBTQ+ engagement advice
- Christian + Clifton: An intimate hometown Ohio wedding
- Celebrity LGBTQ+ wedding alert! Niecy Nash marries Jessica Betts
- Angelina + Krista: Glamorous luxury lesbian wedding at the renowned Versace mansion in Miami Beach, Florida
- You’re invited to the biggest, queerest wedding of the year
- Tavion + Andrew: A Greenville, South Carolina, summer LGBTQ+ wedding with rose petal exit
- An incredible educational offer for wedding and event pros
- Burgundy and gold LGBTQ+ wedding inspiration
- Carolina + Eli: family photo session cover for surprise marriage proposal