Jesse Tyler Ferguson and Justin Mikita debut Tie the Knot wedding line
Husbands Jesse Tyler Ferguson and Justin Mikita have just launched their first wedding line of bow ties. The couple has their own collection of bow ties, cleverly titled, “Tie the Knot,” with accessory company The Tie Bar.
While no specific Wedding Collection has been designed by them before, the pair has previously released “The Signature: Wedding Bowtie” as part of their line. The tie is black with an owl print.
“Owls symbolize wisdom, foresight and patience, all traits that we see in individuals that are fighting for marriage equality,” shares Ferguson.
With the five year anniversary of The Tie Bar this year and Ferguson and Mikita’s four year wedding anniversary approaching this July, it was only fitting that the couple design a wedding line, and model the designs off of the colors and patters of their own wedding.
“We’re always looking for inspiration for collections,” Ferguson said. “We look to what’s happening in our lives for what we’re inspired by. And we’re coming up on an anniversary—well, we have an anniversary every year and the ‘big four’ is nothing huge—but so many of our friends were also getting married this year so it felt like a good time to do a wedding collection based on our own taste level.”
All of Ferguson’s designs are available on The Tie Bar’s website.
The Wedding Biz Podcast
- An incredible educational offer for wedding and event pros
- Burgundy and gold LGBTQ+ wedding inspiration
- Carolina + Eli: family photo session cover for surprise marriage proposal
- Heather + Tiffany: Sunday morning brunch love shoot
- Lynnea + Francecil: rose gold, champagne and burgundy California wedding
- Colorful tropical wedding styled shoot inspiration
- Register for a dream virtual wedding giveaway from Equally Wed, Signature Bride and WebWed Mobile
- All Black Lives Matter: the intersectionality of the Black wedding industry and the LGBTQ+ community
- Dignity and respect for all: marriage equality celebrates five years as a federal right
- Adrianna + Bri: an urban Detroit love shoot