Laid-back Colorado mountain wedding with floral triangle arch
Oklahoma couple Rachael and Nikki opted for the gorgeous mountains of Boulder, Colorado’s Chautauqua Park as the backdrop to their special day.
With only their closest friends and family in attendance, their wedding was whimsical, laid back, and boho chic.
Nikki’s best friend officiated and the bridesmaids acted as DJs, giving the wedding an even more personal, intimate feel.
The couple was also delighted by their accepting and inclusive vendors. They advise other LGBTQ+ couples not to feel deterred if they encounter vendors who are not willing to work with them.
“Don’t get discouraged. Move on to the next [vendor] and get excited that you now get to work with someone who supports and is just as excited as you are for your special day!!” they say. “No negative vibes welcome.”
They also advise couples to simply enjoy the day as much as possible.
“And [enjoy] the fact that you are marrying your best friend in front of all of the ones who support, love, and will value your life together,” they add.
“No matter what parents, family members or friends feel, just know that there are amazing people who love and care about you, that will show up for you and cheer you on.”
Search our directory of LGBTQ+ inclusive vendors.
Photographer: Aj Stegall
Venue: Chautauqua Park
Florist: Tony Foss Flowers
Planner: Borrowed Charm
Attire for Partner 1: Morilee
Attire for Partner 2: Calla Blanche
Jewelry: Kelley Jewelers in Weatherford, Oklahoma
Videographer: Flux Media Productions
Cake: Valhalla Cakes
Wooden Decor/Guest Book/Hangers: Wooden Hearts Boutique
HOT OFF THE PRESS
- Intimate DIY Airbnb Wedding for Two Brides
- TV host and personality Ross Mathews marries Dr. Wellinthon García
- Be on the lookout for these wedding scams
- Gorgeous peacock-colored wedding bash in Washington, DC
- An intimate wedding at Smale Riverfront Park in Cincinnati, OH
- Good Omens–inspired styled elopement with angelic forms, red poppies, goblets and crosses
- Intimate Mountain Wedding in Crowsnest Pass, Alberta, Canada
- Intimate garden wedding and “booze cruise” boat dance party in Salem, Massachusetts
- Engagement session at Matheson Hammock Park in Miami, FL
- Why Taha’a could be your dream honeymoon destination
- Boho garden wedding inspiration at Haiku I Do, Asheville
- Magical Moorea enchants for LGBTQ+ couples