Laid-back Colorado mountain wedding with floral triangle arch
Oklahoma couple Rachael and Nikki opted for the gorgeous mountains of Boulder, Colorado’s Chautauqua Park as the backdrop to their special day.
With only their closest friends and family in attendance, their wedding was whimsical, laid back, and boho chic.
Nikki’s best friend officiated and the bridesmaids acted as DJs, giving the wedding an even more personal, intimate feel.
The couple was also delighted by their accepting and inclusive vendors. They advise other LGBTQ+ couples not to feel deterred if they encounter vendors who are not willing to work with them.
“Don’t get discouraged. Move on to the next [vendor] and get excited that you now get to work with someone who supports and is just as excited as you are for your special day!!” they say. “No negative vibes welcome.”
They also advise couples to simply enjoy the day as much as possible.
“And [enjoy] the fact that you are marrying your best friend in front of all of the ones who support, love, and will value your life together,” they add.
“No matter what parents, family members or friends feel, just know that there are amazing people who love and care about you, that will show up for you and cheer you on.”
Search our directory of LGBTQ+ inclusive vendors.
Photographer: Aj Stegall
Venue: Chautauqua Park
Florist: Tony Foss Flowers
Planner: Borrowed Charm
Attire for Partner 1: Morilee
Attire for Partner 2: Calla Blanche
Jewelry: Kelley Jewelers in Weatherford, Oklahoma
Videographer: Flux Media Productions
Cake: Valhalla Cakes
Wooden Decor/Guest Book/Hangers: Wooden Hearts Boutique
HOT OFF THE PRESS
- Jamie and Ashley’s florescent and fun May wedding at Greenhouse Lofts in Chicago
- Simple and elegant winter wedding for two brides in Santa Ana, California
- Low-key Louisville, Kentucky, wedding celebrates chosen family, queer joy and spirituality
- A weed wedding with earthy, elegant details
- Romantic Santorini sunset proposal
- Outdoor summer wedding in Acadia National Park
- New Mexico Badlands multicultural boho lesbian elopement
- Get inspired by the romantic vibes at this Minneapolis candlelit wedding
- Quirky and sweet Colorado couple’s scene-matching city photo shoot
- A new bill aims to protect same-sex marriage. What would it do if Obergefell falls?
- Sentimental Elements Shine For These Two Brides’ Virginia Beach Wedding Featuring Bourbon, Rainbows and a Plethora of Family Support
- Colorful New York Rainbow Wedding Featuring A Drag Queen, Handmade Arch and Boho Decor