Lip Service: Skip the Stick, Go For the Stain
Make the switch from lipsticks to lip stains for color that lasts throughout the ceremony and reception
By Brittny Drye
Lip stains are quickly becoming a girl’s best friend because their long-lasting color outshines regular lipsticks, letting your lips be the least of your worries on your big day. Thanks to their durability, we are free to eat, drink and be merry without leaving trails of color on wine glasses, napkins and our partner’s cheek.
glominerals goTint for Cheeks & Lips: These berry-colored hues glam both your lips and cheeks for a unified look.
Available at gloprofessional.com, $14.50
Maybelline Super Stay 24 Color: This stain lasts so long, you’ll be scrubbing it off during the honeymoon. Make sure to use the balm at the other end of the wand, as it gets dry on its own.
Available at drugstores nationwide, $9.99
Liptini Double Shot Stain+Gloss Duos: These libations for your lips are made specifically for layering, creating cocktails of custom colors that will last throughout your special evening.
Available at tinibeauty.com, $24
Bare Escentuals Buxom Lip Tarnish: These lip pencils are the trifecta of lip color–not only are they long-lasting, but they also plump and moisturize your pout.
Available in August, exclusively at Sephora, $18.
Urban Decay Lip Envy: This water-rich stain dries to a semi-matte finish for those who want to steer away from the glossy look.
Available at urbandecay.com, $17
MOST VIEWED STORIES
- Intimate elopement in Big Cottonwood Canyon, Utah, with a handfasting ceremony
- Matty Maggiacomo and Evan Feeley’s proposal video made us ugly cry
- These brides celebrated their love with a magical forest wedding at IslandWood on Bainbridge Island, Washington
- Create an unforgettable mezze station for your wedding celebration
- Bright orange, yellow and pink pop as spring wedding colors