Lipstick lesbian Palm Springs engagement photo session
Megan and Whitney (Wegan as they are known to followers of their blog) have a unique, beautiful love story of how they met and came to be married.
“We first met online for a few years (thank you Myspace & Facebook!) and met in person when Whitney came over to the UK to study abroad in September 2008,” the couple shares in their about page on What Wegan Did Next. “We had never admitted to liking each other online but two weeks later on 5th October 2008 we were officially girlfriend & girlfriend. For the next few months we saw each other in Cardiff & London until it was time for Whit to sadly move back to Hawaii to finish her degree, and we embarked on 4 years of LONG distance.”
In addition to their blog, the entreprenurial marriers run a social media consulting agency, a clothing line dedicated to empowering women, brew their own vegan bacon IPA and launched a dating website called Find Femmes.
“We want to show that yes long distance relationships can and do work, and yes feminine lesbians do exist!’
Wegan was the first lesbian couple to be featured on the UK’s “Say Yes to the Dress.” The self-identifying lipstick lesbians celebrated a civil ceremony in the UK in 2012, and a big wedding (or “wegging”as they referred to it) in Palm Springs in 2017.
“Their engagement session has a chic but down to earth vibe we photographed on the streets of Palm Springs at the famous Pink Door, we had donuts in bed and photographed around the luxurious boutique hotel La Serena Villas,” shared Wegan’s engagement photographer, Dana Dorn.
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
- Intimate fall destination wedding at Castillo de Santa Catalina in Spain
- Elegant and rustic Malibou Lake Lodge wedding
- Pridelux, a luxury LGBTQ+ wedding show, opens in London
- Sunrise engagement photos in Brooklyn, New York
- Hundreds of Alabama Methodists sign letter of apology to LGBTQ+ community
- Peach florals warm this industrial distillery wedding inspiration
- 9 wedding first looks we love
- Why I’m taking my wife’s last name when we get married
- Modern green spring Midwest wedding
- Elegant engagement photos at the Biltmore Mansion