Lipstick lesbian Palm Springs engagement photo session
Megan and Whitney (Wegan as they are known to followers of their blog) have a unique, beautiful love story of how they met and came to be married.
“We first met online for a few years (thank you Myspace & Facebook!) and met in person when Whitney came over to the UK to study abroad in September 2008,” the couple shares in their about page on What Wegan Did Next. “We had never admitted to liking each other online but two weeks later on 5th October 2008 we were officially girlfriend & girlfriend. For the next few months we saw each other in Cardiff & London until it was time for Whit to sadly move back to Hawaii to finish her degree, and we embarked on 4 years of LONG distance.”
In addition to their blog, the entreprenurial marriers run a social media consulting agency, a clothing line dedicated to empowering women, brew their own vegan bacon IPA and launched a dating website called Find Femmes.
“We want to show that yes long distance relationships can and do work, and yes feminine lesbians do exist!’
Wegan was the first lesbian couple to be featured on the UK’s “Say Yes to the Dress.” The self-identifying lipstick lesbians celebrated a civil ceremony in the UK in 2012, and a big wedding (or “wegging”as they referred to it) in Palm Springs in 2017.
“Their engagement session has a chic but down to earth vibe we photographed on the streets of Palm Springs at the famous Pink Door, we had donuts in bed and photographed around the luxurious boutique hotel La Serena Villas,” shared Wegan’s engagement photographer, Dana Dorn.
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
- Why our double proposal is a celebration of LGBTQ+ pride
- How our lives changed when we became gay parents with kids
- Summer luxe wedding inspiration at Summerour Studio in Atlanta
- Clarence Thomas says marriage equality ruling should be overturned
- A homophobic bride refused to hire a gay makeup artist for her wedding
- Having a wedding ring means I have to come out again and again
- I was insecure about not wanting a traditional wedding—until now
- Sunset engagement photos in Palm Springs, California
- Engagement photos in San Diego and Los Angeles, California
- Don’t make these 5 mistakes when choosing a sperm bank