Logic’s latest music video for 1-800-273-8255 features gay love story
One of the most popular songs of the summer, 1-800-273-8255, now how has a music video, and it portrays a very common experience. The video, featuring the artists behind the song Logic, Alessia Cara and Khalid, follows a young man and his daily life as he comes out to the people closest to him. The lack of support the boy receives leads him to the brink of suicide.
For those wondering what phone number is featured in the title of the song, it is the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline.
While Logic’s song and music video come with a happy ending thanks to a call to 1-800-273-8255, statistically others are not so lucky.
“The rate of suicide attempts is 4 times greater for LGB youth and 2 times greater for questioning youth than that of straight youth,” according to a study from the Trevor Project featured on Equally Wed.
Share this song with friends and family, on your newsfeeds and commit this phone number to memory. You never know who may be needing it the most.
The Wedding Biz Podcast
- Mashaun + Elvis: Georgia wedding with amethyst and aquamarine birthstone colors
- We said yes! Now what? LGBTQ+ engagement advice
- Christian + Clifton: An intimate hometown Ohio wedding
- Celebrity LGBTQ+ wedding alert! Niecy Nash marries Jessica Betts
- Angelina + Krista: Glamorous luxury lesbian wedding at the renowned Versace mansion in Miami Beach, Florida
- You’re invited to the biggest, queerest wedding of the year
- Tavion + Andrew: A Greenville, South Carolina, summer LGBTQ+ wedding with rose petal exit
- An incredible educational offer for wedding and event pros
- Burgundy and gold LGBTQ+ wedding inspiration
- Carolina + Eli: family photo session cover for surprise marriage proposal