Logic’s latest music video for 1-800-273-8255 features gay love story
One of the most popular songs of the summer, 1-800-273-8255, now how has a music video, and it portrays a very common experience. The video, featuring the artists behind the song Logic, Alessia Cara and Khalid, follows a young man and his daily life as he comes out to the people closest to him. The lack of support the boy receives leads him to the brink of suicide.
For those wondering what phone number is featured in the title of the song, it is the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline.
While Logic’s song and music video come with a happy ending thanks to a call to 1-800-273-8255, statistically others are not so lucky.
“The rate of suicide attempts is 4 times greater for LGB youth and 2 times greater for questioning youth than that of straight youth,” according to a study from the Trevor Project featured on Equally Wed.
Share this song with friends and family, on your newsfeeds and commit this phone number to memory. You never know who may be needing it the most.
The Wedding Biz Podcast
- Beautifully gothic Texas wedding with creative details
- Fortune Feimster marries Jacquelyn Smith in intimate beach wedding
- How to create an inclusive wedding for hearing-impaired and deaf guests
- Pope Francis endorses civil unions for same-sex couples
- Brian + Brett: Hudson Valley garden wedding with shades of purple
- 5 reasons to hire a gay photographer for your LGBTQ+ wedding
- PFLAG + OREO debut Proud Parent film and rainbow cookies
- Supreme Court justices set stage to end marriage equality
- Love Conquers All wedding giveaway theme revealed: Black is Queen
- Mashaun + Elvis: Georgia wedding with amethyst and aquamarine birthstone colors