Looking for the perfect font for LGBTQ wedding invitations?
Look no further. A new font has come out and we want to use it for everything! The font, Gilbert, is named after the late Gilbert Baker, who is best known for his creation of the rainbow pride flag.
The new font was announced by NewFest and NYC Pride and created by the design team of advertising company Ogilvy & Mather. In case the name didn’t give it away, the font is rainbow colored, inspired by Baker’s rainbow flag. You just have to see if for yourself, and lucky for us, Type with Pride shared a video showcasing the font!
Love the font but the rainbow color scheme doesn’t match your design? Gilbert is also available in a standard black font as well. If you ask us, this is the perfect font for wedding invitations, signs, thank you notes and more. Basically, we just want to use it for everything, wedding-related or not. To learn more about downloading this (free!) font, you can click here.
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
Follow Equally Wed on Instagram!
The Wedding Biz Podcast
- New Orleans industrial wedding inspiration shoot
- Danika + Cassidy: a Chicago engagement photoshoot with salsa dancing
- Reclaiming Asian pride: a San Diego private prenuptial tea-and-cocktail celebration
- Anthony + Paul: boho-lux Portugal destination wedding
- Lakesha + Nikia: Decatur, Ga. outdoor wedding during the coronavirus
- David + Andrew: Midwestern Pride Wedding Giveaway winners marry
- Romantic Vancouver elopement inspiration
- David + Anthony: Natural, earthy and warm Milwaukee, Wisconsin, wedding
- Jenny + Robin: a record-breaking cruise ship wedding vow renewal
- Meagan + Kristyn: an Austin, Texas, luxury outdoor wedding