From the photographer, Victoria Grace: Allen and Patrick live on the lake and knew from the beginning they would want their engagement portraits on their sail boat. I’ve never been on the water for an engagement shoot but at one point I was in a speed boat (driven by a relative of theirs) and circling them for the far away shots. Their suits were custom tailored for these portraits, and for their wedding day.
Our second location was at the same place they would say “I do” the next year. It was nice to get the images of the two of them together in wedding attire ahead of time and allowed us to do more shots of family and the wedding party the day of their wedding. It also gave us an idea of what poses they were the most comfortable with. This was my first same-sex engagement shoot and Allen and I had a difficult time finding inspiration online that we didn’t find over-posed or cliche. So the engagement shoot was great practice for the wedding day.
HOT OFF THE PRESS
- From OkCupid to a sunrise mountain wedding
- A destination wedding in Mexico with cold fireworks and an LED neon drum show
- Lawryn and Deja’s Richmond, Virginia, wedding at The Renaissance
- Wondery and Danvas founder Hernan Lopez marries music supervisor Scott Velasquez in West Hollywood wedding
- Classic black and white wedding ideas
- Say Yes to the Dress celebrity Randy Fenoli is engaged
- Tara and Emma’s purple and ivory wedding at Berkeley City Club in Berkeley, California
- The 19th Explains: Why the Respect for Marriage Act doesn’t codify same-sex marriage rights