Mansion and sailboat engagement photography shoot
From the photographer, Victoria Grace: Allen and Patrick live on the lake and knew from the beginning they would want their engagement portraits on their sail boat. I’ve never been on the water for an engagement shoot but at one point I was in a speed boat (driven by a relative of theirs) and circling them for the far away shots. Their suits were custom tailored for these portraits, and for their wedding day.
Our second location was at the same place they would say “I do” the next year. It was nice to get the images of the two of them together in wedding attire ahead of time and allowed us to do more shots of family and the wedding party the day of their wedding. It also gave us an idea of what poses they were the most comfortable with. This was my first same-sex engagement shoot and Allen and I had a difficult time finding inspiration online that we didn’t find over-posed or cliche. So the engagement shoot was great practice for the wedding day.
The Wedding Biz Podcast
- Brian + Brett: Hudson Valley garden wedding with shades of purple
- 5 reasons to hire a gay photographer for your LGBTQ+ wedding
- PFLAG + OREO debut Proud Parent film and rainbow cookies
- Supreme Court justices set stage to end marriage equality
- Love Conquers All wedding giveaway theme revealed: Black is Queen
- Mashaun + Elvis: Georgia wedding with amethyst and aquamarine birthstone colors
- We said yes! Now what? LGBTQ+ engagement advice
- Christian + Clifton: An intimate hometown Ohio wedding
- Celebrity LGBTQ+ wedding alert! Niecy Nash marries Jessica Betts
- Angelina + Krista: Glamorous luxury lesbian wedding at the renowned Versace mansion in Miami Beach, Florida