Mansion and sailboat engagement photography shoot
From the photographer, Victoria Grace: Allen and Patrick live on the lake and knew from the beginning they would want their engagement portraits on their sail boat. I’ve never been on the water for an engagement shoot but at one point I was in a speed boat (driven by a relative of theirs) and circling them for the far away shots. Their suits were custom tailored for these portraits, and for their wedding day.
Our second location was at the same place they would say “I do” the next year. It was nice to get the images of the two of them together in wedding attire ahead of time and allowed us to do more shots of family and the wedding party the day of their wedding. It also gave us an idea of what poses they were the most comfortable with. This was my first same-sex engagement shoot and Allen and I had a difficult time finding inspiration online that we didn’t find over-posed or cliche. So the engagement shoot was great practice for the wedding day.
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
The Wedding Biz Podcast
- The Knot, Pinterest and Zola will stop promoting plantation weddings
- This surprise flash mob dance party proposal will move you to tears
- Romantic engagement photos at Milwaukee Central Public Library
- TikTok is limiting the reach of LGBTQ+, disabled and fat people’s videos
- My husband and I honeymooned in South Africa. Here’s why we loved it
- Tropical blue and green beach wedding in St. Petersburg, Florida
- 6 real weddings that will get you in a cozy mood for the holidays
- How we organized our wedding party from across the country
- How my family lives a minimalist lifestyle so we can travel
- Fun, moody beach couple photos in San Francisco, California