Mardi Gras, Fat Tuesday, a day of feasting and merrymaking. This joyous tradition has a lot in common with a wedding, making it the perfect inspiration when choosing a theme for your big day. We’ve rounded up some of our favorite Mardi Gras wedding ideas to help you recreate the celebration on your big day.
Mardi Gras colors tend to be vibrant purples, greens and gold. These colors translate well in everything from lighting to floral arrangements to centerpieces and more. Incorporate your favorite shade into your color scheme or go for the full Mardi Gras color panel to add flair.
Feathers and masks are a prominent part of Mardi Gras traditions. Incorporate your color choices with votive holders, glass beads, vases filled with feathers, masks and figurines, flowers and more.
Bouquets and arrangements
The colors of Mardi Gras align with the hues of a peacock feather. Create a bouquet or centerpiece filled with peacock feathers, seasonal flowers in accentuating colors, brooches, beads and ribbons.
Favors that double as decor are a wedding planning win. Scatter tables with beads and masks for guests to take and wear on the dance floor. Have your DJ pass out beads for the best dancers. Attach your escort cards to custom masks to help guests find their table.
The Mardi Gras tradition of king cake is popular for those with a sweet tooth. Sometimes king cake is made of a circle of brioche dough covered in glaze and colored sugar, other king cakes are made of puff pastry and filled with fruit or sweet fillings. Oftentimes these cakes have a hidden figurine inside, typically a small baby, with the person who finds it in their piece of cake being the winner of a small prize. Opt for a traditional king cake at your wedding or hide a figure in any style of wedding cake you choose to incorporate the tradition.
Featured image via TBDRess
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
- 8 wedding leather jacket looks that are the perfect level of drama
- 5 effortless ways to bring sophistication to your LGBTQ+ wedding decor
- 10 LGBTQ+ wedding details that will make your heart explode!
- Adventure engagement photos in the mountains
- Fairy themed trans wedding in wine country
- Stunning waterfront photos to celebrate IVF and starting a family
- ABA issues formal opinion that judges can’t refuse same-sex marriages
- I didn’t think Valentine’s Day was for queer couples—now I love celebrating it
- Feminine edgy pink and black wedding inspiration
- Southwestern garden wedding inspiration