Melissa Etheridge and Linda Wallem Marry
Melissa Etheridge married Linda Wallem over the weekend at San Ysidro Ranch in Montecito, California. The “Come to my Window” singer tweeted out:
True love…so blessed. “By the power invested in me by the state of California…” Thanks pic.twitter.com/rWftMxdxQv
— Melissa Etheridge (@metheridge) June 1, 2014
Wallem, one of the creators of the Showtime original series “Nurse Jackie,” wore a lovely Theia wedding gown while Etheridge looked handsomely dapper in a gray suit. Congrats, ladies!
On June 3, Etheridge tweeted out love to Wallem’s bridal designer, Theia’s Don O’Neill with a photo of the gown on a mannequin.
— Melissa Etheridge (@metheridge) June 3, 2014
People.com reports that during the wedding ceremony, Etheridge sang a new song she wrote especially for Wallem and which Etheridge had never performed before – not even to Wallem.
All four of Etheridge’s children participated in the wedding: Bailey Jean, 17; Beckett, 15; and twins Miller Steven and Johnnie Rose, 7.
Among those also looking on as Etheridge and Wallem exchanged their vows were Jane Lynch, Chelsea Handler, Rosie O’Donnell, Whitney Cummings, Peter Facinelli and recording artist Sia.
The singer and the Nurse Jackie creator had been friends for more than a decade before they began dating in 2010. Last June, they announced their engagement following the Supreme Court’s historic decisions regarding gay rights, with Etheridge calling Wallem ‘my true love.'”
The Wedding Biz Podcast
- Burgundy and gold LGBTQ+ wedding inspiration
- Carolina + Eli: family photo session cover for surprise marriage proposal
- Heather + Tiffany: Sunday morning brunch love shoot
- Lynnea + Francecil: rose gold, champagne and burgundy California wedding
- Colorful tropical wedding styled shoot inspiration
- Register for a dream virtual wedding giveaway from Equally Wed, Signature Bride and WebWed Mobile
- All Black Lives Matter: the intersectionality of the Black wedding industry and the LGBTQ+ community
- Dignity and respect for all: marriage equality celebrates five years as a federal right
- Adrianna + Bri: an urban Detroit love shoot
- Celebrity wedding news! Raven-Symoné + Miranda Pearman-Maday are married