Melissa Etheridge and Linda Wallem Marry
Melissa Etheridge married Linda Wallem over the weekend at San Ysidro Ranch in Montecito, California. The “Come to my Window” singer tweeted out:
True love…so blessed. “By the power invested in me by the state of California…” Thanks pic.twitter.com/rWftMxdxQv
— Melissa Etheridge (@metheridge) June 1, 2014
Wallem, one of the creators of the Showtime original series “Nurse Jackie,” wore a lovely Theia wedding gown while Etheridge looked handsomely dapper in a gray suit. Congrats, ladies!
On June 3, Etheridge tweeted out love to Wallem’s bridal designer, Theia’s Don O’Neill with a photo of the gown on a mannequin.
— Melissa Etheridge (@metheridge) June 3, 2014
People.com reports that during the wedding ceremony, Etheridge sang a new song she wrote especially for Wallem and which Etheridge had never performed before – not even to Wallem.
All four of Etheridge’s children participated in the wedding: Bailey Jean, 17; Beckett, 15; and twins Miller Steven and Johnnie Rose, 7.
Among those also looking on as Etheridge and Wallem exchanged their vows were Jane Lynch, Chelsea Handler, Rosie O’Donnell, Whitney Cummings, Peter Facinelli and recording artist Sia.
The singer and the Nurse Jackie creator had been friends for more than a decade before they began dating in 2010. Last June, they announced their engagement following the Supreme Court’s historic decisions regarding gay rights, with Etheridge calling Wallem ‘my true love.'”
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
The Wedding Biz Podcast
- How I found the perfect wedding dress as a plus-size queer woman
- Chic bohemian beach Lucha Libre themed wedding
- How do you know when you’re ready to propose? We asked a real couple
- Intimate spring wedding at Butler Park in Austin, Texas
- Gay parents forced to leave Russia due to ‘gay propaganda law’
- Mrs. and Mrs. items that make great LGBTQ+ wedding gifts
- Fun engagement photos at Three Lives & Co. bookstore
- Burgundy and blue spring wedding in San Francisco, California
- Intimate fall destination wedding at Castillo de Santa Catalina in Spain
- Elegant and rustic Malibou Lake Lodge wedding