Gay weddings abound this month as Michael Kors and longtime beau Lance LePere tie the knot, as well as Chely Wright and girlfriend Lauren Blitzer.
The acclaimed American designer and Project Runway judge Kors wed his co-worker LePere on Aug. 18 in a private beach ceremony officiated by Southampton Mayor Mark Epley on Dune Beach.
“To marry someone as wonderful and special to me as Lance barefoot on a glorious beach is more than I could have dreamed of,” Kors told WWD.
Kors and LePere met in 1990, when LePere interned for the designer’s company. The longtime lovebirds were spotted a couple of weeks ago applying for a marriage license in New York.
MOST VIEWED STORIES
- Wedding inspiration for queer love in Seattle with handfasting, a disco ball and vegan donuts
- Intimate elopement in Big Cottonwood Canyon, Utah, with a handfasting ceremony
- Matty Maggiacomo and Evan Feeley’s proposal video made us ugly cry
- These brides celebrated their love with a magical forest wedding at IslandWood on Bainbridge Island, Washington
- Create an unforgettable mezze station for your wedding celebration