Middle schoolers serenade teacher and his husband-to-be at the couple’s wedding rehearsal dinner 😭 [VIDEO]
It’s time for some positive LGBTQ+ news. We just saw a video that’ll make your heart melt. In December, middle school students in Hingham, Mass. surprised their teacher and his husband-to-be at the couple’s rehearsal dinner by serenading them with the Beatles’ “All You Need Is Love.”
In January, Hingham Public Schools shared the video of the students singing to their choir director Christopher Landis and his now-husband, Joe Michienzie, and it’s quickly gone viral.
Landis told Insider Edition, “I noticed everyone was holding video cameras and I was like ‘What’s going on?’ Then I saw the first student come in and I was like ‘Oh my goodness,’ but I don’t think it hit me until all of these students came in and they were smiling and all dressed up. Then I started crying and they started crying.”
Michienzie knew what was happening though and you can see him comforting his emotional fiancé as the children are singing. Part of the emotional reaction from the teacher and his husband-to-be was because Landis hadn’t shared with the students that he was engaged to Joe.
“The kids will ask ‘Who is that?’ I’ll say, ‘That’s Joe. He’s my friend.’ And it just hit me here that I always referred to him as my friend because I wasn’t sure how the kids would take it or the parents,” Landis told Inside Edition. “I felt like when the kids came to sing they were basically saying, ‘It’s OK. We know who Joe is.’ So now I say, ‘Joe, my husband.’”
Photo via the couple’s wedding registry page
HOT OFF THE PRESS
- Jamie and Ashley’s florescent and fun May wedding at Greenhouse Lofts in Chicago
- Simple and elegant winter wedding for two brides in Santa Ana, California
- Low-key Louisville, Kentucky, wedding celebrates chosen family, queer joy and spirituality
- A weed wedding with earthy, elegant details
- Romantic Santorini sunset proposal
- Outdoor summer wedding in Acadia National Park
- New Mexico Badlands multicultural boho lesbian elopement
- Get inspired by the romantic vibes at this Minneapolis candlelit wedding
- Quirky and sweet Colorado couple’s scene-matching city photo shoot
- A new bill aims to protect same-sex marriage. What would it do if Obergefell falls?
- Sentimental Elements Shine For These Two Brides’ Virginia Beach Wedding Featuring Bourbon, Rainbows and a Plethora of Family Support
- Colorful New York Rainbow Wedding Featuring A Drag Queen, Handmade Arch and Boho Decor