Texas couple elopes to LGBTQ+ friendly New Zealand and their warm, moody beach wedding photos are to die for
The beauty of our elopement was there was no theme. No time constraints, no schedule—just us, our love and all things spontaneous. We wanted our wedding to reflect our love and the incredible country we chose. Wild, unexpected, and unique. We got just that. This once-in-a-lifetime experience couldn’t have been more genuine and magical.
Lauren and Melissa traveled from Fort Worth, Texas, to elope in Auckland, New Zealand, after a 10-month-long engagement. They both proposed to each other, and Lauren proposed first. They exchanged vows on Piha Beach and their first dance was to “I Belong To You” by Brandi Carlile.
What advice would you give to engaged LGBTQ+ couples?
Lauren: Do whatever feels authentically you! Always remember, it’s your wedding day. Don’t do anything for anyone but you and your partner. You only get this time once, it goes by so quickly. Enjoy every second.
Melissa: Do not make it a priority to please everyone else. You and yours should always come first.
Photographer: Dawn Photo
Ceremony Venue: Auckland District Court
Reception Venue: Piha Beach
Alaina Leary Lavoie
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
The Wedding Biz Podcast
- Chick-fil-A will stop donating to (some) anti-LGBTQ+ organizations
- Rustic orange and yellow autumn wedding in Norfolk, Massachusetts
- Home anniversary photos to celebrate one year of marriage
- Black gothic wedding with skulls, swords and magic
- American Psychological Association says singular ‘they’ now the standard for scholarly writing
- Roxane Gay and Debbie Millman are officially engaged
- This mom’s wedding speech will make you cry in the best way
- Community was at the heart of this floral summer wedding
- Romantic engagement photos on the beach in Kauai, Hawaii
- Wild child Southwest wedding at Rimrock Ranch in Pioneertown, California