Mistake or homophobic? White House omits Luxembourg’s first husband
In a photo shared on the White House’s Facebook page over the weekend, followers were quick to notice that Luxembourg’s first gentleman, Gauthier Destenay, had been left out of the caption.
Also referred to as the first husband, Destenay posed with the first ladies in attendance during Trump’s trip to Europe. The picture, taken by Andrea Hanks, was shared on The White House Facebook page in the album, President Trump’s Trip Abroad.
The photo was updated, but not before the White House was quickly called out in the comments for their omission. Destenay’s name was added, but not with any title denoting him as the first husband.
A debate ensued over whether or not the error was a mistake or a blatant omission. And then, in the fashion of Trump’s America, the comment section quickly turned into a pro- versus anti-Trump bashing session.
The Wedding Biz Podcast
- Burgundy and gold LGBTQ+ wedding inspiration
- Carolina + Eli: family photo session cover for surprise marriage proposal
- Heather + Tiffany: Sunday morning brunch love shoot
- Lynnea + Francecil: rose gold, champagne and burgundy California wedding
- Colorful tropical wedding styled shoot inspiration
- Register for a dream virtual wedding giveaway from Equally Wed, Signature Bride and WebWed Mobile
- All Black Lives Matter: the intersectionality of the Black wedding industry and the LGBTQ+ community
- Dignity and respect for all: marriage equality celebrates five years as a federal right
- Adrianna + Bri: an urban Detroit love shoot
- Celebrity wedding news! Raven-Symoné + Miranda Pearman-Maday are married