Mistake or homophobic? White House omits Luxembourg’s first husband
In a photo shared on the White House’s Facebook page over the weekend, followers were quick to notice that Luxembourg’s first gentleman, Gauthier Destenay, had been left out of the caption.
Also referred to as the first husband, Destenay posed with the first ladies in attendance during Trump’s trip to Europe. The picture, taken by Andrea Hanks, was shared on The White House Facebook page in the album, President Trump’s Trip Abroad.
The photo was updated, but not before the White House was quickly called out in the comments for their omission. Destenay’s name was added, but not with any title denoting him as the first husband.
A debate ensued over whether or not the error was a mistake or a blatant omission. And then, in the fashion of Trump’s America, the comment section quickly turned into a pro- versus anti-Trump bashing session.
HOT OFF THE PRESS
- From OkCupid to a sunrise mountain wedding
- A destination wedding in Mexico with cold fireworks and an LED neon drum show
- Lawryn and Deja’s Richmond, Virginia, wedding at The Renaissance
- Wondery and Danvas founder Hernan Lopez marries music supervisor Scott Velasquez in West Hollywood wedding
- Classic black and white wedding ideas
- Say Yes to the Dress celebrity Randy Fenoli is engaged
- Tara and Emma’s purple and ivory wedding at Berkeley City Club in Berkeley, California
- The 19th Explains: Why the Respect for Marriage Act doesn’t codify same-sex marriage rights