Modern Family Pays for NYC Wedding Licenses
From Mitchell and Cam’s dual proposal
Unless you’ve been living under a rock, you know that Mitchell and Cam are about to tie the knot on Modern Family. But what might be surprising if you happen to live in New York and are getting married today is that your city hall bill will be paid by the show.
ABC, the network which airs the sitcom, is setting the stage for the big event by footing the bill of couples tying the knot in New York City.
The network announced on Good Morning America that the show will cover the cost of all marriage licenses and wedding ceremonies taking place on Monday, May 12, at the New York City Clerk’s office (141 Worth Street, New York, NY 10013, from 8:30 a.m. to 3:45 p.m. EST).
The onscreen engaged couple—Jesse Tyler Ferguson and Eric Stonestreet—appeared on Good Morning America to help make the announcement and tease their characters’ pending ceremony, which will be the focus of the sitcom’s remaining two episodes of the season. Ferguson commented that after getting married in July to Justin Mikita, planning a wedding on the show was fun: “I’ve had a lot of the same people at both weddings!”
Watch the clip and the sneak peak in the video below. Modern Family airs Wednesdays at 9 p.m. on ABC.
The Wedding Biz Podcast
- Colorful tropical wedding styled shoot inspiration
- Register for a dream virtual wedding giveaway from Equally Wed, Signature Bride and WebWed Mobile
- All Black Lives Matter: the intersectionality of the Black wedding industry and the LGBTQ+ community
- Dignity and respect for all: marriage equality celebrates five years as a federal right
- Adrianna + Bri: an urban Detroit love shoot
- Celebrity wedding news! Raven-Symoné + Miranda Pearman-Maday are married
- Wedding suit inspiration from 6 top queer influencers for your big day
- Nicole + Andrea: New York multicultural wedding with Caribbean roots (their first look photos are the sweetest!)
- New Orleans industrial wedding inspiration shoot
- Danika + Cassidy: a Chicago engagement photoshoot with salsa dancing