Modern Family Pays for NYC Wedding Licenses
From Mitchell and Cam’s dual proposal
Unless you’ve been living under a rock, you know that Mitchell and Cam are about to tie the knot on Modern Family. But what might be surprising if you happen to live in New York and are getting married today is that your city hall bill will be paid by the show.
ABC, the network which airs the sitcom, is setting the stage for the big event by footing the bill of couples tying the knot in New York City.
The network announced on Good Morning America that the show will cover the cost of all marriage licenses and wedding ceremonies taking place on Monday, May 12, at the New York City Clerk’s office (141 Worth Street, New York, NY 10013, from 8:30 a.m. to 3:45 p.m. EST).
The onscreen engaged couple—Jesse Tyler Ferguson and Eric Stonestreet—appeared on Good Morning America to help make the announcement and tease their characters’ pending ceremony, which will be the focus of the sitcom’s remaining two episodes of the season. Ferguson commented that after getting married in July to Justin Mikita, planning a wedding on the show was fun: “I’ve had a lot of the same people at both weddings!”
Watch the clip and the sneak peak in the video below. Modern Family airs Wednesdays at 9 p.m. on ABC.
HOT OFF THE PRESS
- Senate advances Respect for Marriage Act to protect recognition of marriage equality
- 10 ways to use burnt orange in your wedding
- Tam and Yiyun’s intimate summer wedding at Folktale Winery and Vineyards in Carmel Valley, California
- Stefany and Britt’s queer, nonbinary wedding at the Lace House in Columbia, South Carolina
- Priscilla and Jamesa’s fall wedding in Nashville, Tennessee, featured harvest hues of gold, burnt orange, terracotta rust and dusty rose
- Lindsey and Molly’s Christian wedding in New Bern, North Carolina, showcased their two dogs and had a dried flower confetti send-off
- Alyssa and Holly’s Colorado adventure session in Rocky Mountain National Park
- LGBTQ+ Inclusive and Affirming Wedding Venue Spotlight: Filoli
- Halle and Kayden’s Mount Rainier National Park Destination Wedding
- Where to propose at Universal Studios Florida and Universal’s Islands of Adventure
- How to plan a fall wedding on a budget
- 5 mocktail recipes for your sober wedding guests