Modern gay wedding at Blantyre in the Berkshires
Blantyre is an elegant estate tucked away in the hills of the Berkshires. The moment you drive onto the property, you are transported in time to the Gilded Age, where opulent settings were found at every turn, and where there was no shortage of lavish parties!
Blantyre has recently undergone a re-imagination transformation, and we were thrilled to conceptualize this styled shoot.
For this inspiration shoot, we wanted to produce a lavish feel. The spaces at Blantyre are quite stunning on their own, but, with just the right accents, they become so much more! A modern and dramatic edge across our design allowed us to enhance the guest experience.
We started with a base palette of black and white and added in deep, rich tones and mixed metals. In the music room, we set an oversized white table with linen gray chargers, modern china & flatware, Tuscan linen napkins, and mismatched crystal in blacks and purples. Calligraphed agate slices indicated seats while handpainted menus graced the settings. Geometric patterns, quartz accents, and black tapered candles rounded out the tablescape.
Cocktail tables were an array of black honeycomb, chrome, and linens in mixed metal patterns.
Our floral showcase was stunning. Deep jewel colors met greens in a stunning array across the main dining table, as well as a gorgeous mantle.
Outside, antique copper chairs were the perfect accent for our ceremony space. They captured the timelessness of the venue while enriching the outdoor garden spaces. Lively floral urns flanked the altar in an explosion of natural and vibrant colors.
Our grooms have shared many years together and it was important that we captured the sophistication of the space, while also keeping in mind that they spared no expense for this intimate gathering.
—Jackie Martucci, Events by Jackie M
Photographer: dani. fine photography & image studio
Reception Venue: Blantyre
Event Planner: Events by Jackie M
Jewelry: Michael Szwed Jewelers
Tuxedo and Other Suits: Jackson & Connor
Dress Store: Pearl Bridal Boutique
Equipment Rentals: Peak Event Services
Cake Designer: Pete’s Sweets
Calligrapher: Catherine Wilcox
Floral Designer: Daisy Stone Studio
Beauty: Amy Fiordelisi
Second Shooter: Philitha for dani. fine photography
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
- Everything I lost when I started dating my best friend
- Joy-filled engagement photos in Oyster Bay, New York
- LGBTQ+ honeymoon spotlight: Cape Town, South Africa
- Open marriage, transitioning and play parties: one couple’s story of their thriving poly love life
- You’ll want to a be a guest at this couple’s Beauty and the Beast inspired wedding
- Asking for money as a wedding gift: OK or no way?
- Romantic hillside winery wedding
- Why this wedding shop is getting praise for its wheelchair window display
- These women planned surprise proposals for each other on the same day
- Purple wedding at Mission Trails Regional Park