“My love, she keeps me warm” styled wedding shoot
I chose to honor Katie’s career of activism by using red, white and blue as the base for the color scheme. Our florist Lauren, owner of Bloomsbury Florals, took this color scheme and brought it to life in such a classy, modern way. The venue for the wedding was a fellow photographers studio that she shares with a rental company and we were graciously allowed to use all of their pieces to bring everything together. I added winter details like a hot cocoa bar, scares in case guests got cold and this beautiful red wrap for their portraits to bring it all together. It was the perfect mix of political, sweet love, mod vibes and stunning florals. One of the amazing people who spoke during their ceremony, Carmen Rios, tied everything so perfectly together with the following:
“I am here to wish upon you the kind of love that triumphs. The kind that soldiers on. The kind that is rooted so deep in a sincere respect and affection that even the wildest storms cannot whisk away its branches.
I am here to say, unexpectedly and unrepentently, that I wish upon you a love like Bill and Hillary Clinton’s love.
Hillary Clinton always told us that love trumped hate. She is a woman mired in both. The boundless love of her husband and daughter and mother were the guiding lights in her endless battles with sexism, political partisanship, and ideologues. Love trumps hate. That’s what this entire room knows. That’s what we’re here today to affirm to one another.
The future is uncertain. Love we can always be certain of.
There are those who sew difference where we once sewed unity. We outnumber them, and we are mightier.
In the darkness of these times, Katie and Celeste chose love. They chose togetherness. They chose triumph.
They chose love.”
Venue: Studio 239
Florist: Bloomsbury Floral Design
Planner: Amanda Swiger
Invitation: Amanda Swiger
Attire: Bella Bridesmaids and Ashe B and Co
Hair: Courtney Thorton
Make up: Elegance Artistry
Rentals: Modern Relics Rentals
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
The Wedding Biz Podcast
- Golden hour proposal in the mountains of San Diego, California
- Botanical, tropical fall greenhouse wedding in St. Louis, Missouri
- Celebrity wedding planner Colin Cowie marries Danny Peuscovich in outdoor luxury South Africa wedding
- Outdoor DIY fall wedding at the Solarium in Decatur, Georgia
- After 20 years, two grooms celebrate with whimsical winery wedding
- 4 things you can do if you can’t go on a honeymoon right after the wedding
- Allure Bridals introduces Disney Fairy Tale Weddings Collection
- Why Naples is a great place for LGBTQ+ weddings and honeymoons
- Inclusivity is a wedding priority reveals The Knot’s Real Weddings Study
- Carefree bohemian beach wedding in Pensacola, Florida