North Carolina chic, eco-friendly hotel wedding
From the photographer, Liz Grogan: Sarah and Catherine are both chorus teachers, and connected over their love of music. A collection of their past students, who they also participated in a first look with, provided the ceremony music accompanied by a string quartet and it was absolutely beautiful! They were inspired by the bright airiness of a garden wedding but wanted all the comfort of a chic hotel. Proximity Hotel, in Greensboro, North Carolina provided just that. The accents of gold among the pink and white peony’s and other accent flowers really provided a feminine touch to the sleek streamline decor of the eco-friendly hotel. Catherine’s dress is a family dress, she is now the 5th bride to have worn it, in the last 60 years. Her grandmother was the original wearer of the dress, she wore the dress in 1955, and it has since been worn by Catherine’s mother, aunt, and sister as well.
Their day started with light beverages as Hair and Makeup started in their incredibly light and airy hotel room. Sarah and Catherine got ready together, maximizing every moment of their wedding day. It was so special to be there for each other during each part of the process for one another. Following a first look with their dads, as each was a self proclaimed “Daddy’s girl,” they proceeded to the front of the hotel where their group of students awaited them. It was so incredibly fun to be able to do a first look with their students, tears and laughs preceded a couple of really fun photographs. Before the ceremony the ladies wanted as many pictures as possible so that they too could enjoy their beautiful, and dare I say, YUMMY cocktail hour! Liz Grogan, their photographer, escorted them around the property to some of her very favorite spots and then had them hide away back in their room until ceremony time.
The ceremony was a GORGEOUS sunset lit ceremony, guests comfortably seated in beautiful gold Chiavari chairs awaited the brides as they descended the adjacent spiral staircases to meet their fathers at the bottom. Both brides were given away with happiness and love by their doting parents and the ceremony continued with live vocal and string performances by those close to them. With exchanging of rings, a prayer and a kiss, the brides headed back down the aisle, sun at their backs and blissfully in love!
Following a few more photographs, Catherine and Sarah joined their guests at cocktail hour, greeted with applause and more hugs and smiles than they could count. They continued on into a beautiful plated meal provided by the hotel’s on-site fine dining restaurant. Meal options included steak and salmon, and had everyone buzzing! Dinner was followed by emotion-filled dances with one another and their fathers. Maxie B’s astonished everyone with a cake as delicious as it was beautiful, adorned with fresh flowers and greenery! They danced the night away, with cookie shooters at 11, YUM! As their friends and family lined the hotel entrance the two brides exited in a whirlwind of confetti and laughter.
HOT OFF THE PRESS
- Stunning private beach elopement in Moorea
- Joyous park engagement session in Washington with canine cameos
- State Dept. should allow embassies to advocate for marriage equality, Democrats say
- How to pick the perfect proposal spot
- Bright and joyful wedding at a Los Angeles automobile museum
- Sunny South Carolina elopement surrounded by greenery
- Elegant micro wedding ideas with live music and chic blue cake
- Lance Bass & Michael Turchin can’t stop gushing about their newborn twins
- Oklahoma elopement in the Wichita Mountains with enchanting all-black attire
- Creative LGBTQ+ wedding ideas for your clients
- This couple transformed their home into a fabulous wedding venue
- Botswana court of appeals hears case on decriminalization of homosexuality
- Cozy at home proposal with coffee and kisses
- Cardi B surprise officiated a lesbian wedding with help from Raven Symoné
- Keep an eye out for these 2022 wedding trends
- September garden wedding at a 15th century Italian villa
- Lesbian brides accidentally wore the same dress and the first look photos are priceless
- Glowing sunset wedding in Glacier National Park
- Dreamy greenhouse engagement session in New Jersey
- How to choose a wedding hairstyle