The November issue of Playboy will feature Ines Rau, a transgender playmate and fashion model. Rau is a 26 year old model from Paris, France, who has been featured in the Balmain campaign and was previously in the May 2014 issue “Playboy A-Z.” Rau is very excited to be posing for Playboy, and says it is the best compliment she’s ever received.
“Being a woman is just being a woman.” Meet November 2017 Playmate Ines Rau, the first transgender Playmate. https://t.co/w28vfilSP9 pic.twitter.com/iVAqOgB0TK
— Playboy (@Playboy) October 18, 2017
“I will always fight for LGBTQ rights and women’s rights,” Rau tells Playboy, “but above everything else, my cause is the environment. Nothing touches me more than fighting against global warming. I was made to fight for the planet—the forest, the animals, the air. If I get famous, that’s my first battle.”
Rau’s may not consider herself famous, but she is definitely becoming a household name as a transgender playmate. When the hateful comments started rolling in online about a transgender model gracing Playboy (looks like some people need to embrace what Spirit Day is all about) the magazine was quick to snap back and put the haters in their place with a follow-up post on Twitter.
The first transgender woman to pose for Playboy was Tula in September 1991. pic.twitter.com/Xpl65HZaEU
— Playboy (@Playboy) October 19, 2017
The November issue of Playboy will hit newsstands on October 31 and will feature the late Hugh Hefner on the cover.
HOT OFF THE PRESS
- Marriage equality in India is about to see a landmark case
- A summer mountain wedding with two dads and their son, a food truck and rainbow smoke bombs in Asheville, North Carolina
- Top 5 LGBTQ+ inclusive and affirming dating apps
- These rugby brides tied the knot after one bride’s wedding party huddle
- Best ways to include dogs in weddings
- A destination mountain wedding in Breckenridge, Colorado, with a rainbow cake
- 10 lawn games to have at your spring wedding
- A luxe New Year’s Eve New Orleans wedding with fireworks and a second line