The November issue of Playboy will feature Ines Rau, a transgender playmate and fashion model. Rau is a 26 year old model from Paris, France, who has been featured in the Balmain campaign and was previously in the May 2014 issue “Playboy A-Z.” Rau is very excited to be posing for Playboy, and says it is the best compliment she’s ever received.
— Playboy (@Playboy) October 18, 2017
“I will always fight for LGBTQ rights and women’s rights,” Rau tells Playboy, “but above everything else, my cause is the environment. Nothing touches me more than fighting against global warming. I was made to fight for the planet—the forest, the animals, the air. If I get famous, that’s my first battle.”
Rau’s may not consider herself famous, but she is definitely becoming a household name as a transgender playmate. When the hateful comments started rolling in online about a transgender model gracing Playboy (looks like some people need to embrace what Spirit Day is all about) the magazine was quick to snap back and put the haters in their place with a follow-up post on Twitter.
The first transgender woman to pose for Playboy was Tula in September 1991. pic.twitter.com/Xpl65HZaEU
— Playboy (@Playboy) October 19, 2017
The November issue of Playboy will hit newsstands on October 31 and will feature the late Hugh Hefner on the cover.
HOT OFF THE PRESS
- LGBTQ+ Inclusive and Affirming Wedding Venue Spotlight: Filoli
- Halle and Kayden’s Mount Rainier National Park Destination Wedding
- Where to propose at Universal Studios Florida and Universal’s Islands of Adventure
- How to plan a fall wedding on a budget
- 5 mocktail recipes for your sober wedding guests
- 2023 LGBTQ+ wedding trends to watch for
- Jamie and Ashley’s florescent and fun May wedding at Greenhouse Lofts in Chicago
- Simple and elegant winter wedding for two brides in Santa Ana, California
- Low-key Louisville, Kentucky, wedding celebrates chosen family, queer joy and spirituality
- A weed wedding with earthy, elegant details
- Romantic Santorini sunset proposal
- Outdoor summer wedding in Acadia National Park