The November issue of Playboy will feature Ines Rau, a transgender playmate and fashion model. Rau is a 26 year old model from Paris, France, who has been featured in the Balmain campaign and was previously in the May 2014 issue “Playboy A-Z.” Rau is very excited to be posing for Playboy, and says it is the best compliment she’s ever received.
— Playboy (@Playboy) October 18, 2017
“I will always fight for LGBTQ rights and women’s rights,” Rau tells Playboy, “but above everything else, my cause is the environment. Nothing touches me more than fighting against global warming. I was made to fight for the planet—the forest, the animals, the air. If I get famous, that’s my first battle.”
Rau’s may not consider herself famous, but she is definitely becoming a household name as a transgender playmate. When the hateful comments started rolling in online about a transgender model gracing Playboy (looks like some people need to embrace what Spirit Day is all about) the magazine was quick to snap back and put the haters in their place with a follow-up post on Twitter.
The first transgender woman to pose for Playboy was Tula in September 1991. pic.twitter.com/Xpl65HZaEU
— Playboy (@Playboy) October 19, 2017
The November issue of Playboy will hit newsstands on October 31 and will feature the late Hugh Hefner on the cover.
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
- Romantic, artsy New York City wedding
- 10 fall weddings we love
- 6 wedding planning apps to try that are LGBTQ-friendly
- Rustic wedding in Columbus, Ohio
- Vintage travel inspired wedding in Monroe, Georgia
- Two women left “The Bachelor: Vietnam” for each other and are now a couple
- What it’s like planning a wedding after your mom dies
- Fall wedding with navy, green, and orange colors
- Elegant country club garden wedding
- 19 Harry Potter wedding ideas that are absolutely magical