“Ryan and I are huge nerds. I think that’s what attracted us to each other in the first place,” tells Chancing. “When we first met Ryan told me he was a huge Buffy The Vampire Slayer fan. The look on his face was priceless when I told him I had never seen an episode. Needless to say that night we fired up Netflix and watched a few episodes.”
“Instead of displaying their similar likes & loves of Disney movies and Buffy, they wanted to show case their love in the city they fell in love in, Louisville, Kentucky!” says Mary Slinger-Carreer, the couple’s engagement photographer.
“The proposal happened while we were on vacation at Disney World,” recounts Chancing. “I thought it was going just be a normal trip. Needless to say I was very wrong. Here’s how it happened. We were on our second day of the trip and visited Magic Kingdom. Ryan was going to propose first thing in the morning, but another guy beat him to the punch while waiting in line to take a picture in front of the castle. So we went over into Tomorrowland and rode Space Mountain, The People Mover and the Carousel of Progress. When we finished there we were heading back into the main hub toward the castle. Ryan saw the photographer on the bridge and decided now was the time. We took the pictures and I thought we were about to grab our stuff and go grab lunch. Wrong, before I knew it Ryan was on one knee. I was shocked. Of course I said yes and the rest was history.”
Chancing and Ryan wear matching black titanium rings, each with three small diamonds in the center. Their wedding is scheduled for September 2018 with an outdoor ceremony and indoor reception at Huber’s Farm.
Photographer: We Choose the Moon Photography
The Wedding Biz Podcast
- Burgundy and gold LGBTQ+ wedding inspiration
- Carolina + Eli: family photo session cover for surprise marriage proposal
- Heather + Tiffany: Sunday morning brunch love shoot
- Lynnea + Francecil: rose gold, champagne and burgundy California wedding
- Colorful tropical wedding styled shoot inspiration
- Register for a dream virtual wedding giveaway from Equally Wed, Signature Bride and WebWed Mobile
- All Black Lives Matter: the intersectionality of the Black wedding industry and the LGBTQ+ community
- Dignity and respect for all: marriage equality celebrates five years as a federal right
- Adrianna + Bri: an urban Detroit love shoot
- Celebrity wedding news! Raven-Symoné + Miranda Pearman-Maday are married