Legendary radio host Elvis Duran, host of “Elvis Duran and the Morning Show” got engaged to his long time boyfriend, Alex Carr, over the weekend. Carr, Duran’s boyfriend of eight years, posted the proposal video on Instagram sharing that the notoriously unlucky Friday the 13th is a very special day for him for many reasons, including that it’s the day he got engaged!
Carr proposed to Duran surrounded by friends and family in New Mexico. The couple was standing in front of their loved ones as Carr got up holding an umbrella.
Yesterday was Friday the 13th. People believe that the day brings bad luck, but I totally disagree. I was born on Friday, June 13th. I’ve always considered myself to be lucky and blessed, as I was when Elvis came into my life almost 8 years ago…first as my boyfriend and now fiancé!!!! They say opening umbrellas in the house brings bad luck, but this time I don’t believe it. I love you Elvis Duran!
A post shared by Alex Carr (@acarrzoo) on
“They say opening umbrellas in the house brings bad luck, but this time I don’t believe it,” shared Carr. When Carr opened the umbrella indoors it showed the message “Elvis will you marry me?”
Celebrity wedding planner Mikie Russo helped plan the event the day of the proposal.
A post shared by Michael Russo Events (@mikierusso) on
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
Follow Equally Wed on Instagram!
The Wedding Biz Podcast
- New Orleans industrial wedding inspiration shoot
- Danika + Cassidy: a Chicago engagement photoshoot with salsa dancing
- Reclaiming Asian pride: a San Diego private prenuptial tea-and-cocktail celebration
- Anthony + Paul: boho-lux Portugal destination wedding
- Lakesha + Nikia: Decatur, Ga. outdoor wedding during the coronavirus
- David + Andrew: Midwestern Pride Wedding Giveaway winners marry
- Romantic Vancouver elopement inspiration
- David + Anthony: Natural, earthy and warm Milwaukee, Wisconsin, wedding
- Jenny + Robin: a record-breaking cruise ship wedding vow renewal
- Meagan + Kristyn: an Austin, Texas, luxury outdoor wedding