Legendary radio host Elvis Duran, host of “Elvis Duran and the Morning Show” got engaged to his long time boyfriend, Alex Carr, over the weekend. Carr, Duran’s boyfriend of eight years, posted the proposal video on Instagram sharing that the notoriously unlucky Friday the 13th is a very special day for him for many reasons, including that it’s the day he got engaged!
Carr proposed to Duran surrounded by friends and family in New Mexico. The couple was standing in front of their loved ones as Carr got up holding an umbrella.
Yesterday was Friday the 13th. People believe that the day brings bad luck, but I totally disagree. I was born on Friday, June 13th. I’ve always considered myself to be lucky and blessed, as I was when Elvis came into my life almost 8 years ago…first as my boyfriend and now fiancé!!!! They say opening umbrellas in the house brings bad luck, but this time I don’t believe it. I love you Elvis Duran!
A post shared by Alex Carr (@acarrzoo) on
“They say opening umbrellas in the house brings bad luck, but this time I don’t believe it,” shared Carr. When Carr opened the umbrella indoors it showed the message “Elvis will you marry me?”
Celebrity wedding planner Mikie Russo helped plan the event the day of the proposal.
A post shared by Michael Russo Events (@mikierusso) on
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
- Romantic, artsy New York City wedding
- 10 fall weddings we love
- 6 wedding planning apps to try that are LGBTQ-friendly
- Rustic wedding in Columbus, Ohio
- Vintage travel inspired wedding in Monroe, Georgia
- Two women left “The Bachelor: Vietnam” for each other and are now a couple
- What it’s like planning a wedding after your mom dies
- Fall wedding with navy, green, and orange colors
- Elegant country club garden wedding
- 19 Harry Potter wedding ideas that are absolutely magical