Legendary radio host Elvis Duran, host of “Elvis Duran and the Morning Show” got engaged to his long time boyfriend, Alex Carr, over the weekend. Carr, Duran’s boyfriend of eight years, posted the proposal video on Instagram sharing that the notoriously unlucky Friday the 13th is a very special day for him for many reasons, including that it’s the day he got engaged!
Carr proposed to Duran surrounded by friends and family in New Mexico. The couple was standing in front of their loved ones as Carr got up holding an umbrella.
Yesterday was Friday the 13th. People believe that the day brings bad luck, but I totally disagree. I was born on Friday, June 13th. I’ve always considered myself to be lucky and blessed, as I was when Elvis came into my life almost 8 years ago…first as my boyfriend and now fiancé!!!! They say opening umbrellas in the house brings bad luck, but this time I don’t believe it. I love you Elvis Duran!
A post shared by Alex Carr (@acarrzoo) on
“They say opening umbrellas in the house brings bad luck, but this time I don’t believe it,” shared Carr. When Carr opened the umbrella indoors it showed the message “Elvis will you marry me?”
Celebrity wedding planner Mikie Russo helped plan the event the day of the proposal.
A post shared by Michael Russo Events (@mikierusso) on
HOT OFF THE PRESS
- Get inspired by the romantic vibes at this Minneapolis candlelit wedding
- Quirky and sweet Colorado couple’s scene-matching city photo shoot
- A new bill aims to protect same-sex marriage. What would it do if Obergefell falls?
- Sentimental Elements Shine For These Two Brides’ Virginia Beach Wedding Featuring Bourbon, Rainbows and a Plethora of Family Support
- Colorful New York Rainbow Wedding Featuring A Drag Queen, Handmade Arch and Boho Decor
- Booksmart Actress Beanie Feldstein Engaged to Bonnie Chance Roberts
- Ohio Fall Wedding with Irish Hand Fasting
- Sunrise engagement session on the beach of Asbury Park New Jersey
- Intimate DIY Airbnb Wedding for Two Brides
- TV host and personality Ross Mathews marries Dr. Wellinthon García
- Be on the lookout for these wedding scams
- Gorgeous peacock-colored wedding bash in Washington, DC