Lawryn and Deja’s Richmond, Virginia, wedding at The Renaissance
After both suffering from lackluster and subpar relationships, Lawryn and Deja inadvertently found themselves on the dating app Plenty of Fish. As soon as Lawryn saw Deja’s profile, she was immediately interested and showed her roommate. She was too shy to message first, so her roommate grabbed her phone and did it for her! “Hey there, you are so fine!” she wrote to Deja. “Thanks, love. You’re not too bad yourself,” Deja replied. It was the simple yet perfect start to a beautiful relationship.
Lawryn and Deja’s Richmond, Virginia, wedding at The Renaissance was the grand event they always wanted. During their wedding ceremony, the brides were escorted individually down the aisle by important men in their lives. After their vows, saying I do and sharing a kiss, they walked down the stairs and jumped the broom.
Their reception was a resplendent celebration of orange and purple, the couple’s favorite colors. Different shades of these bright hues offered a defined and vibrant look, and the beautiful ballroom was decorated to perfection for the polished feel they desired.
The two brides used their favorite music artists’ album covers as a seating chart, showing off their shared love of music.
Family was the most important theme of this day, and it was evident in so many ways how big of a role family played in this happy couple’s lives. Good food, drinks and music made for lots of dancing and smiling, happy faces—perfection.
Search our directory of LGBTQ+ inclusive vendors.
Featured Virginia Wedding Vendors
Shoes: Steve Madden
Dress Store: David’s Bridal
Dress Store: Love and Lace Bridal Boutique
Officiant: The Wedding Officiant LLC
DJ: The Masters Of The Ceremony
Cake Designer: Donna’s Baking Creations
Floral Designer: The Flower Guy Bron
Cinema and Video: Tolman Media DMV
Event Planner: Richmond Bridal Consulting
Caterer: The Renaissance
Event Venue: The Renaissance
PR Rep: OFD Consulting LLC
Photographer: Mike Topham Photography
Kirsten Ott Palladino
HOT OFF THE PRESS
- From OkCupid to a sunrise mountain wedding
- A destination wedding in Mexico with cold fireworks and an LED neon drum show
- Lawryn and Deja’s Richmond, Virginia, wedding at The Renaissance
- Wondery and Danvas founder Hernan Lopez marries music supervisor Scott Velasquez in West Hollywood wedding
- Classic black and white wedding ideas
- Say Yes to the Dress celebrity Randy Fenoli is engaged
- Tara and Emma’s purple and ivory wedding at Berkeley City Club in Berkeley, California
- The 19th Explains: Why the Respect for Marriage Act doesn’t codify same-sex marriage rights