Rock Stars: Engagement Rings for a Holiday Proposal
Pop the question with one of these dazzling engagement rings
By Anne Chertoff
The holiday season is also known as engagement season, as many men and women decide that a marriage proposal would be the perfect holiday gift. If you’re in the market for an engagement ring, you may find the process a little overwhelming but with a bit of research, you’re sure to find the one. Keep the following in mind when you begin shopping:
- Always ask about the four C’s: Cut, clarity, color and carat.
- Have an idea of what you can afford to spend. Cost is sometimes thought of as the fifth C.
- Make sure you get the ring appraised and insured the day you purchase it.
- Spend a few days shopping at different jewelers to get an idea of the different styles.
- If you can’t make a decision, take your fiancé-to-be shopping with you and buy the ring together.
Peruse our picks for putting a ring on it below. Need more inspiration for men’s rings? Check out Ring the Alarm: The Male Engagement Ring Hunt:
Vera Wang Love Collection 0.75-carat diamond frame engagement ring set in 14K white gold: Each ring in the Vera Wang Love Collection features a blue sapphire, the symbol of everlasting love. Exclusively at Zales for $1,999.99.
Neil Lane Bridal 1.75-carat diamond engagement ring set in 14K white gold: Inspired by Hollywood, Neil Lane is the go-to jeweler for celebrities planning to say “I do.” Exclusively at Kay Jewelers for $4,499.99.
Kerrera by MaeVona emerald-cut solitaire engagement ring set in platinum: The modern split-bezel setting protects the stone and the flower-shaped underbezel can be made with a second colored metal to enhance the diamond’s color. Price based on size of the stone.
The Tiffany Setting: Created more than a hundred years ago, it remains a timeless design. A round diamond is secured with six prongs, allowing light to enhance the stone’s color. Available at Tiffany & Co., price based on size of the stone.
The Century Ring: An 18K white gold band for men, featuring 0.06 carats of round, brilliant diamonds. Exclusively at Tiffany & Co. for $1,725.
The Signature A. Jaffe platinum diamond band: Highly polished with a satin finished center and accented with a 0.12-carat diamond. Also available in 18K rose gold, white, or yellow gold. Available at Michael C. Fina for $4,035.
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
The Wedding Biz Podcast
- Everything you need to know about planning your LGBTQ+ honeymoon
- How to choose a wedding venue
- They is 2019’s word of the year
- National groups blast GOP federal LGBTQ rights bill as permitting ‘licenses to discriminate’ by wedding vendors, religious groups
- Romantic engagement photos at Milwaukee Central Public Library
- This surprise flash mob dance party proposal will move you to tears
- Pantone reveals classic blue as its 2020 Color of the Year
- The Knot, Pinterest and Zola will stop promoting plantation weddings
- TikTok is limiting the reach of LGBTQ+, disabled and fat people’s videos
- My husband and I honeymooned in South Africa. Here’s why we loved it